The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to give my herd a round of CDT and BoSe. I have three kids and hate sticking them for shots! I was wondering if you could put both medicines in the same shot so you only have to give one shot. I am pretty sure the answer is no but I figured I'd ask just to be sure. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
30,668 Posts
No you should never mix medications. You could do one of the shots today and do the other in a week giving them a nice break. Be sure to do Sub Q

Reactions: groovyoldlady

·
Goat Crazy!
6,475 Posts
I agree. If you flub it up and half the med squirts out the other side of the skin "tent" (Been there, done that. More than once. *cough*), you won't have any idea how much of what you gave them.

·
Registered
30,668 Posts
Yes, plus some meds just do not mesh good together.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
I give both at the same time. Rule of thumb is to make sure injections are give at least 2” apart. So I give one in one arm pit one in the other. But have never had any ill effect giving both. Both are due 30 days before kidding and I’m not running my whole herd of very pregnant does in and stress them out twice. The only bad thing about doing anything like giving more then one thing is if they do have a reaction you will not know which they are reacting to

1 - 7 of 7 Posts