The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will it cause them to abort or get deformities? I'm concerned they aren't getting enough minerals. They have free choice goat mineral, loose. I leave out for them. It doesn't seem like it get eaten very fast. So I figured either the oral or injectable would be good for them. Thoughts?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both!! I bought replamin and a couple other mineral paste tubes. They absolutely loathe it . But luckily they will lick it up if I put it far enough back in their tongue.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My preggo does get replamin once a week because they are absolute buttheads about eating their loose minerals. They hate it - so much so that they won't even eat a replamin and animal cracker sandwich - so I generally just use my finger to wipe it on the corner of their mouths and then they get annoyed and have to clean it. I figure most of it is getting inside the doe. :eyeroll:

·
Registered
247 Posts
If you want to go more natural, you could use kelp and brewer’s yeast ( a nutritional yeast). I give it to my goats daily, and they love it! And since it’s a natural form of vitamins, it gets absorbed more easily.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts