Can you give replemin or multimin to pregnant does?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Patchouli, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Patchouli

Patchouli New Member

Jan 8, 2021
    Mn
    Will it cause them to abort or get deformities? I'm concerned they aren't getting enough minerals. They have free choice goat mineral, loose. I leave out for them. It doesn't seem like it get eaten very fast. So I figured either the oral or injectable would be good for them. Thoughts?

MadHouse and Iluvlilly! like this.
  2. goatblessings

goatblessings Fair-Haven Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Southwest Ohio
    I use replamin throughout pregnancy even with loose minerals available. I would however be cautious with multimin. My girls and bucks suck it right out of the tube - must taste yummy. Our area is very deficient in selenium, and I've found they are much better with the addition of the replamin.

3. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Replamin Plus is fine to use anytime.

4. Patchouli

Patchouli New Member

Jan 8, 2021
    Mn
    Thank you both!! I bought replamin and a couple other mineral paste tubes. They absolutely loathe it . But luckily they will lick it up if I put it far enough back in their tongue.

MadHouse likes this.
  5. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

I make a replamin scoop chip sandwich. They love them.

6. Patchouli

Patchouli New Member

Jan 8, 2021
    Mn
    That's hilarious! I will definitely give it a shot. Only one of my does likes "people food" so hopefully it'll work for her at least lol.

MadHouse and goatblessings like this.
  7. wheel-bear-o

wheel-bear-o Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2020
    Vermont
    My preggo does get replamin once a week because they are absolute buttheads about eating their loose minerals. They hate it - so much so that they won't even eat a replamin and animal cracker sandwich - so I generally just use my finger to wipe it on the corner of their mouths and then they get annoyed and have to clean it. I figure most of it is getting inside the doe. :eyeroll:

toth boer goats and MadHouse like this.
  8. MissMiniNubian

MissMiniNubian Active Member

Jan 20, 2021
    Orange, California
    If you want to go more natural, you could use kelp and brewer’s yeast ( a nutritional yeast). I give it to my goats daily, and they love it! And since it’s a natural form of vitamins, it gets absorbed more easily.

9. MissMiniNubian

MissMiniNubian Active Member

Jan 20, 2021
    Orange, California
    You can also give them red raspberry leaf (I use the powdered form) for an easier birth.

MadHouse likes this.