Can you join the ADGA, even if you have no goats yet?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Dreamchaser, May 27, 2009.

1. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I was wondering this, because I haven't registered any goats. I want to get set up though.

Thanks!

2. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    I believe so yes. give em a call Ph. (828) 286-3801

3. Just Kiddin'

Just Kiddin' New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Southern California
    You don't have to have any goats registered to join. I have a membership with them but all the goats are in my kids names because they won't give any up so I guess I gotta go buy my own LOL.

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I thot of transferring registration from my AGS doe but my goodness is it expensive! LOL.....And I know that my herd name isn't taken with them so thats a plus...but WOW...their fees are almost 3x that of AGS and NDGA.

5. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    I think we payed $30 to join, $10-15 to xfer luna, $10 to register Cleo, and $40 for pur herd name. The herd is one time, but the $30 is annual.

6. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Sure enough! Any registry (or anybody else for that matter) is always happy to receive your money.
    I just recently joined USBGA, paid for herd name but havent transferred any reg papers yet from the other registry.

7. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Yes you can join without registering animals. However, I don't see the point unless your in the works of buying some goats and there are several to send in.

8. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Yeah, I have a couple I am registering NOA, and I am looking for another goat. So I just figured I would register them all at one time.

9. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Yup, you can join even when you dont have goats. That way you can get the membership directory and all of that neat stuff. You will get info on events on your area as well as any voterss things for judges at nationals directors etc. And when you go to register or transfer rates will be cheaper.
    beth