The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres the doeling that is causing the "polled" post in Goat Frenzy

Heres her sister which has definate buds and "swirls" on her head

Can you tell me by seeing their heads and comparing Goldie with buds that Jade is polled?
I can definately feel a difference as well as see a difference. These girls are 2 weeks and 2 days old.

·
Registered
121 Posts
She looks polled to me but rub your finger over her skull where horns would be from from her nose to the back of the head. If she's polled it will feel smooth then a bump sort of at the back. The hair lays flat. The hair is swirly in the middle where the horn would be if she's horned.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Yes she looks polled to me as well. Her head is rounder than a horned kids, there is no swirl of hair as the hair seems to wave or be strait instead of swirling into a point.

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you, I do feel better now that I don't think I'm nuts! And Ashley, the hair on her head is smooth, theres no swirls or anything like Goldies. So unless she is just a late bloomer with horns, though I don't know where they would sprout from, I'll surmise that she is polled.

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Even though I prefer not to dis bud, since this little doe is going to her new home with her sister, Ruby, I had the same breeder friend dis bud Ruby when I took Lily for Julie. I have a friend that has a sister pair and one is polled so the horned one is a bully to her...I don't like the procedure itself but I feel better knowing that the odds are even.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts