The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got these two goats along with others , two other females have given birth but these two i have no clue neither did the owner 馃檮 i am trying to get them back to health.
#1 nubian/boer (red) is 3years or so has had kids previously. Her belly seemed to have grown in the last week no heat i have had her since oct 1.
#2 nigerian i think ( white brown black) belly has been low for two weeks now , she is 2 i think, i got her at the same time she had a white discharge in december but no other heat signs, the billy did not even notice. It was a small white discharge if that helps. I am trying with these but i have more to learn please help if these are getting close . Also no udder development in either yet. I also forgot to mention, #1 (red ) now will not let you touch her belly! She loved it before still has ligaments intake. #2 the ligaments are soft but still there . I need a better pic of (red) she let tail down but her color there has changed somewhat u cant see that in the pic

Attachments

Registered
"Did you know cats can fly?"- asked the little girl. Mom- "No?" Girl-**Throws off cliff**
I can't really tell. How long have they been away from the buck?

Registered
While obviously we can't be as certain as a blood test or ultrasound, neither of those girls look anywhere near 4 months pregnant to me. They'd have to be hiding those kids reeeaaaally well!

Now it is odd that you have not observed heats, but if they were in very poor condition when you brought them home, that could help explain them not cycling regularly.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
While obviously we can't be as certain as a blood test or ultrasound, neither of those girls look anywhere near 4 months pregnant to me. They'd have to be hiding those kids reeeaaaally well!

Now it is odd that you have not observed heats, but if they were in very poor condition when you brought them home, that could help explain them not cycling regularly.
They were malnourished , i have slowly been addding weight to them I didn鈥檛 want to go to fast with them . The bellies i. The last little but have been bulging quite noticeably

Registered
They could be due in a March and just not showing much yet. Which isn鈥檛 too crazy.
I have a doeling due in a month and noticed some white goo on her yesterday, but not much so I鈥檓 not concerned.
Now that you have some pics to go by, you can compare in a cpl more weeks for changes in carrying or udder starting.
Welcome to the puzzling world of goats 馃檭

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They could be due in a March and just not showing much yet. Which isn鈥檛 too crazy.
I have a doeling due in a month and noticed some white goo on her yesterday, but not much so I鈥檓 not concerned.
Now that you have some pics to go by, you can compare in a cpl more weeks for changes in carrying or udder starting.
Welcome to the puzzling world of goats 馃檭
Thank you!! And yes very puzzling lol but sooo wonderful!! I was a vet tech on small animals so i only know basics when it comes to goats. Yhis has been such a wonderful experience so far.

Super Moderator
Goat 1, did she have that little bit of a udder when you got her? I would feel it and see if it feels firm or more saggy. But if I were to bet money I would say not bred BUT not every goat follows the rules! I have had goats that had no udder and then blow up fast right before they kidded and 2 right after they kidded. So just keep a eye on them just to be on the safe side ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Goat 1, did she have that little bit of a udder when you got her? I would feel it and see if it feels firm or more saggy. But if I were to bet money I would say not bred BUT not every goat follows the rules! I have had goats that had no udder and then blow up fast right before they kidded and 2 right after they kidded. So just keep a eye on them just to be on the safe side ;)
Yes she had that same udder when i got her, she did let me pet and feel her belly and udder but in this week she runs nips stomps if u get near the belly. She wants her neck and back scratched but can no longer feel her belly or udder.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok so update, #1 red nubian still refuses to let be anywhere near her belly! This is so unlike her
#2 no udder but ligaments seem even softer today the right side more so than left. And she wants to have belly rubs now! Before she didnt want to be touched

Registered
Goats, chickens, ducks, and a horse
I got these two goats along with others , two other females have given birth but these two i have no clue neither did the owner 馃檮 i am trying to get them back to health.
#1 nubian/boer (red) is 3years or so has had kids previously. Her belly seemed to have grown in the last week no heat i have had her since oct 1.
#2 nigerian i think ( white brown black) belly has been low for two weeks now , she is 2 i think, i got her at the same time she had a white discharge in december but no other heat signs, the billy did not even notice. It was a small white discharge if that helps. I am trying with these but i have more to learn please help if these are getting close . Also no udder development in either yet. I also forgot to mention, #1 (red ) now will not let you touch her belly! She loved it before still has ligaments intake. #2 the ligaments are soft but still there . I need a better pic of (red) she let tail down but her color there has changed somewhat u cant see that in the pic
This is my girl at 4 months pregnant possibly a tad more so I鈥檇 say if yours was pregnant they are early pregnancy
Fawn Terrestrial animal Grass Llama Snout

Terrestrial animal Snout Livestock Goats Goat-antelope

1 - 15 of 15 Posts