The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I will be going home to Toronto for a bit late July and mid-August. Hoping to get some goat minerals (maybe 8-10lb bag) to bring down with me. I only have 3 goats, so that would last me a bit.....

Now, I've done my googling, but for the life of me I can't find a place that sells goat minerals in the country.

So......where do you get your minerals? They have to be sold somewhere, don't they?

·
2,962 Posts
I live in BC Canada so I can't say for sure where you would get goat minerals in Ont. But we get them here at any feed store. I actually feed a cattle mineral. I tried the goat mineral from Champion and the goats didn't like it so went with the cattle mineral. Just make sure that it does not contain urea. There is a Canadian Goat Forum that has many members in that area so you may want to check with them on that forum. Good luck.

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you're killing me here! i don't live in Canada right now, so i won't be able to get any of your beautiful goats! :(

i guess i can just window shop...it never hurts to look, and torture myself, right??? lol

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I am in Ontario and had a hard time finding minerals for my goats. The feed stores I checked didn't carry goat-specific minerals. I tried cattle minerals but they wouldn't eat it. Eventually I heard of a company that has goat minerals, got some, and the goats love it! They can ship all over Canada but are located in Wellesley, ON. Here's a link to their website http://www.bio-ag.com/ I don't know if it'll work for you to get some from them while you're here but I certainly recommend their products.:)

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AMAZING! i actually came across that site in my travels, but lost it along the way.....

do you know if they sell in smaller quantities? and where do you get yours? and, what's the name of the supplement?

thanks!!!!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
The mineral mix is called Bio-Ag AFOU Goat Premix and comes in a 25kg bag. I don't know if they'd do a smaller amount or not. I usually go there to buy myself or one of their dealers who comes to my area will also deliver within the week if I ask. I expect there would be a dealer for Toronto area if you'd contact them and ask. Hope it works out for you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts