Candice had a boy

Discussion in 'Birth Announcements' started by xymenah, Mar 1, 2012.

1. xymenah

xymenah Member with a bahhh

Jul 1, 2011
    Mount Olive, NC
    Same as Beeps delivery we have a very large boy(larger than Beeps biggest). His left front leg was over his neck on the other side of his head so I had to find it and reposition it. He was also mega stuck and had to be pulled. Just like Beeps first his tongue was turning purple by the time I could get him out. All is well though and he is happy and healthy. No name for this little guy yet but pictures below.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hard to believe he's only a day old.

2. Oh so cute! Congrats!! :stars:

3. J.O.Y. Farm

J.O.Y. Farm ~Crazy Goat Lady~

Jan 10, 2012
    New Hampshire
  4. mtmom75

mtmom75 New Member

May 19, 2011
    He's beautiful! Congratulations :)

5. xymenah

Jul 1, 2011
    Mount Olive, NC
    I'm a little worried about his neck/head what ever it is though. He holds his head sideways and if he falls over on his left side he has a very hard time getting up and flops around on the ground and ends up slamming his head on the ground repeatedly is his efforts. Hopefully it will fix on its own. I noticed the moment I pulled him out of Candice that his head was held oddly so maybe its the way he was in the womb.

6. Tenacross

Tenacross Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Enumclaw, Wa.
    My gosh. He looks huge.

7. xymenah

Jul 1, 2011
    Mount Olive, NC
    He is huge and she is so young will be one year old in two weeks. I really don't know how the heck he even fit out her pelvis.

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Very nice....congrats... :love: :thumb:

9. RMADairyGoats

RMADairyGoats New Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Colorado
    Too cute!!!! Congratulations :applaud:

10. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I've had a couple of lambs born before who have had their neck twisted to one side - or even so they can't lift it properly. Generally just takes a few days to straighten out !

LW

11. xymenah

Jul 1, 2011
    Mount Olive, NC
    Just thought I would update on how the big boy is doing. Here is a picture next to his momma today. Only six weeks old. :shocked:

[​IMG]

12. Now that is one big boy! :clap: delayed Congrats.

13. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    He is beautiful! Seems like quiet a few of our girls are having big kids. My ff girl had a huge boy this year too. How is his head??

14. xymenah

Jul 1, 2011
    Mount Olive, NC
    Thanks. He bobs his head up and down when he gets excited or is really trying to look at something but other than those funky movements his head and neck are just fine.

15. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  16. mistydaiz

mistydaiz New Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Texas
    He's a big beautie!
    What was his birth weight? His current weight?

17. xymenah

Jul 1, 2011
    Mount Olive, NC
    I don't know what his birth weight was but I guess it at 9-10lbs. As of today he is 38lbs.

Unfortunately his mothers udder is not one I could call him buck quality for and there just isn't a market for pet wethers around here. So unless someone comes out of the woodwork for him he is destined to go to freezer camp.

[​IMG]