The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but here goes..your gonna love this one lol..i go out to feed right..well i go to feed miss dot and token (they are in the love shack) i set tokens food down watch them eat then i go to feed the goats in the other barn, i come back to the love shack to put hay in it for them token jumps up on the spool and hunches his butt down..then jumps off and runs and eats feed..i'm in a panic..come in research UC I just know he has it..call my vet all upset to see should i bring him in they tell me since he just did it once and since i did see him pee that i should keep an eye on him..i text my friend and she said he's just "excited" sure enough she's right..wanted 5 mins after taht he was chasing miss dot..here i was all upset called my daughter was gonna take him to the vet have a bunch of tests run only to find out he's humping the air..how's that for no brains lol

·
14,725 Posts
LOL!!! No worries! When we had our buck, and he was penned away from the girls at night, I'd let him out with them during the day <we wanted him to have his own hay & all his grain from the piggy girls lol>.
Well when I'd let him out, he would do the same thing, he would squat like he was constipated, and I thought OMG something is wrong with him!!! My heart skipped a beat as we'd been through a lot with him up to that point.
Then he went to the girls acting 'macho' haha...eased my worries. He did that every time I let him out lol

·
225 Posts
JaLyn that sounds like something I would do. Panic :p

·
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh i called my daughter almost in tears..i done had him dead lol..i worry way too much about these goats lol..I have binoculars that i keep out so i can watch em several times a day being natural so i know if something is up. I figure if i'm out there they will act dif when im not so i spy on them lol..

·
Goat Mom
829 Posts
Ahhh nothing like a good old fashioned air hump to set a day right! I saw my now wethered buck do that and almost lost it myself until I realized he was just feeling frisky!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts