Cant Believe We Waited so Looong!

Discussion in 'Meat Market' started by nancy d, Sep 8, 2010.

1. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    It took us 5 yrs before we retained our own buck. Well the poor fella got some sort of injury last fall & no longer tracks properly in the rear. He will be used but sparingly. This is they guy I posted about last fall. Chiro work was not a permanent fix.
    Someone offered a good price on a very nice buck a few mos back (we had leased him last yr)
    Anyway what a joy to watch someone come into heat & just walk her over to the new buck's pen!
    No logistal nightmares to find buck no loading does or buck I tell you I am totally ecstatic!

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    A big congrats..... :thumb: :hi5: :leap:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I own my own buck but I still have to go get him. But its nice to have him for breeding time adn then send him back when all girls are bred. I love it

4. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Thanks Pam!
    That sure sounds handy too Stacey!

Last yr when Auto was here he bloated & had to go home early. We think he might have gotten into the dog dishes, at any rate two does didnt get covered they were sure po'd but at least our Valentino was here he didnt mind at all. :greengrin:

5. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Congrats! Very exciting! Our buck is leaving in November, so we're hoping to get our last two girls bred next month. His sire passed away a couple of days ago :( And we've made arrangements with our breeder friend/her friend who owned the buck to let them use him through the winter to keep the bloodline going <Registered SA Boer/Codi>. So he'll go there through the winter, and come back to us in the late spring/early summer when our girls should be ready to be bred again :) So.....through the winter he won't be moping around with nothing to do... :)
    It will be so strange not having him here though, especially since we sold our young buck.

6. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle