Hey all! I'm refencing my old horse pen next week and I need to know what to use. It currently has barbed wire and the goats can go right under it, so I have to replace it. The pen is 100x150. I thought about hot wire. I was going to get the solar charger. I know the electric will cost less, but I don't like the idea of all that electricity, especially after reading some stories on another thread about people getting shocked by the fence. I have a 3 year old who is going to want to come out with me to take care of the goats. I'm so afraid he'll touch the fence. Telling him not to is not enough, that will make him more likely to do it. Would it be possible to turn the fence off when I'm out there? It's so frustrating..I'm think that wire is going to cost at least $100 more than electric and be a LOT more work to put up. I just don't know what to do lol. Any advice would be appreciated.