Can't help it, I just gotta brag!!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Victoria, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    Can't help myself!! I am so stinkin spoiled!! My DH got an old porcelain trash burner last month. The thing is so cute!! Small very small, but so cute I can barely stand it! Well he offered to put it in my milking shed!!! WOOOOHOOOOO :cool:
    Well, last month , he did it!! So when it was blowing ice and 20 outside, I was in my now 'Parlor' milking my girls, with the little stove goin and lo and behold..I was milking in 60 degree temps!!
    We are havin yet another cold blast, tonight it's down to 18 and I got the little stove up to 61!!!! Mind you it does take some fussin, I am terrible at starting fires, so it takes some time. I cleaned the whole messy milking shed up. Now, I call it my parlor as I have three wicker chairs, all mt medical books, herbs, herbal concoctions, and meds out there. While I am fussin with the fire, I also have a good book in my hand!!
    My two milking goats love it too!! I have always wanted to bring them in the kitchen when it's so cold out side..now I don't have to!!
    Okay, my brag is over... :greengrin:

2. Bellafire Farm

Bellafire Farm New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    No FAIR!! :( I want some heat too!!

3. That's AWESOME!!!

4. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    I know, I am jealous of myself!! I can't tell you how many years I spent in the freezing cold, milking with one hand on a warm teat, and the other hand under my armpit trying to warm it up!!( I am sure all can relate!!)
    I wish for all fellow goat milkers of the world to have heat!!! :love: :hug:

5. SandStoneStable Farm

SandStoneStable Farm New Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Maryland
    That's cute :)

I want a warm "parlor" instead of a barn with bikes, old wood peices my dh keeps but never uses, a fridge (non-functioning) and a rodent I can't seem to catch!

6. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Sounds awesome! Pics please!

DebMc

7. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    What is really awesome is my 14 yr old daughter loves to hang out with me in the parlor!!
    We were remembering all the different ways it has looked..we used to have it full of hay and grain, chickens, whelped puppies in it, had baby goats in it. It was my garden shed...now we have tea and play cards in it!! WOOOHOO!!
    Honestly I always felt bad for not having a huge beautiful barn, now...not so much!!

8. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    I can't post on here..my camera is not feeling well..I will try to upload an outside pic from our summer clean up..

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh man... that is really nice.... :sun: it is so cold here....I envy you.... :wink: :thumb:

10. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    Yep it was 16 last night, the parlor was 43!! Can't complain!! :greengrin: