Cant say No

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by 7acreranch, Mar 30, 2010.

1. 7acreranch

7acreranch New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Eastern OK
    My youngest boy (12) has been browsing the site and he loves the mini section. The breeder we got out goats from had a pygmy as a companion for some of her bucks. He loved Yoda and after looking on here he wants 1 or 2 or 3 .... we run Boers and have about 3 acres fenced for them. If we let him indulge can we run them together ,we would introduce them to the our goats first. I am just learning my way around Boers LOL and have not a clue about the minis. He likes the dwarf Nigerians we would make sure they came from a good breeder, he said he would like bottle babies so he could cuddle them and get them to bond with him. Just wondering if this would work.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    does with does but dont let the boer bucks near the nigerian does they will breed them and you will have issues with kiddings because of the boer kid size difference.

But people have been successful in raising minis and larger breeds together

3. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    I agree with Stacey.... make sure you keep the Boer bucks away from the mini does. Are you going to be getting him does or wethers? Depending on your facilties it may be easier on you to get wethers so you don't have to worry about it.

4. 7acreranch

7acreranch New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Eastern OK
    We learnt out our lesson about the boys and the girls. He wants a male and female once we decide and he figures out his budget I am sure he will be posting.