The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No one died...
No one got hurt.. (except my heart)
Delilah, my 'human' sweet SUPER MILKER, left for her new home today!
I can't seem to be able to stop crying! Hard to keep my head on...
I know I HAD to sell her.
We are leaving Alaska, and headed for Oregon in August...
I listed her for $575, thinking it was going to take FOREVER to sell her, (she was NOT pure-bred, NOT registered) but I underestimated how much people desired a goat that milked 2+ gallon a day........
I can't milk her on a boat that takes 5 days to get to where we are headed. I KNOW that.
AND, I have a disbuded doeling (Hope) that I want to keep that is 4 months old, and Delilah HATED her, and since she (Delilah) is horned, she would try to 'hook' her any time she could... And I knew I could not have that kind of aggression going on when we were moving.... Lilah would kill Hope first chance she got... I just KNEW it...!

Anyhow, there was a family of 7 (mom, dad, and 5 kids) that desperately wanted a good milking goat. They called, and told me that they didn't have any other goats, and I told them that I would NOT sell Lilah to a home with no other goats. So they traveled hundreds of miles to pick up another doe in milk, just to be able to buy Delilah.... They even brought her over to show me that they got another goat!!!
After that I could not tell them no, so Lilah got picked up today to go to her new home, and I cant stop crying.
I feel like I betrayed her somehow, like I failed her. Like I gave her away for money. I cant explain it, but it hurts so bad inside!
had to vent
sorry
bauling again

·
goat girl x0x0
2,449 Posts
Don't be upset, or feel bad! You couldn't keep her, and it's a part of what has to happen.
Be glad that the family wanted her so badly, they went to large lengths to be suitable for her :) She will surely be loved where she is now.

·
Super Moderator
59,602 Posts
I'm so sorry you had to sell her. I understand how hard that is. That is great that she went to a good home.

·
Super Moderator
31,649 Posts
wow..how blessed your goat is Abra...she got family who jump through hoops just to have her...and five kids to play with..how fun....I know its hard to let go of the ones we are so attached to..but you did it for all the right reasons...focus now on how blessed she is to have a family who wanted her so badly they found her a buddy...brought her to meet you and her..take deeps breaths and tell yourself...she is blessed and you did the right thing..shake it off..hold your head high and continue preparing for your move

·
Registered
577 Posts
2 gallons? That's amazing! I would hate to sell any of my animals, but if that family went to those lengths just to buy an unregistered, mixed breed goat, I would feel pretty darn good about where they were going. She will be well taken care of I'm sure, and I hope your doeling does just as well as Delilah in the milk department for you :hug:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
wow..how blessed your goat is Abra...she got family who jump through hoops just to have her...and five kids to play with..how fun....I know its hard to let go of the ones we are so attached to..but you did it for all the right reasons...focus now on how blessed she is to have a family who wanted her so badly they found her a buddy...brought her to meet you and her..take deeps breaths and tell yourself...she is blessed and you did the right thing..shake it off..hold your head high and continue preparing for your move
This exactly^^

You kept her from having to make that long trip, found her a home where she will be loved and cared for and truly appreciated. You blessed her with a wonderful new family, and them with the huge blessing for a lovely animal that will provide healthy sustenance for their family! I know you are going to miss her, but you didn't give her away for money or abandon her, you lovingly did what was best and for her and for you and for her new family.

·
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys! So much.!!!
You all are SUCH a blessing in my life. Honestly...
I feel a bit better this morning. You all brought up valid points...

I was loving on Chloe for HOURS last night. Taking her all over the place and finding her all the new blades of grass to eat.
I think after Hubby saw me crying for hours, sobbing, and loosing my marbles over Lilah, his doubts about my "seriousness" with taking Chloe, Hope, Sage and Penelope with us, VANISHED. He told me this morning that he now realizes that if I had to part with the remaining girls, I would end up in a Psychiatric Institution.
He's probably right...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts