Can't wait for the kids-day 143/144-what to watch for?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by logansmommy7, May 3, 2010.

1. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    I am beside myself. I don't want to stay up all night for no reason. What do I watch for? No discharge yet. It is hot and she is clearly miserable. How long could she go before kidding? I know day 145 is the "magic" day but really? Please let me know...anxious goat grandma to be here....

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    The biggest thing is a sudden change in her udder - you will know when its full! it gets real tight and shiny.

Is this the doe who has the dancing ligs? keep checking them though -- when they are truly gone you will know it.

When contractions are starting instead of looking puffy in the pooch she will look very sunk in.

Also I have noticed that their rear becomes higher then their withers.

3. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    great stuff...her rear is starting to become higher than the withers for sure....but her pooch is still puffy. Yes-this is the doe with dancing ligs-I'm checking again tonight and will report on what I find. I did some research on Fiasco farms and might have a bit better idea. She is 143/144 today so it won't be long but I can't wait for my first goat kiddies! Her udder has gotten bigger today for sure but not tight and shiny yet-however she has not been shaved...so it might be hard to tell. we will see and I will update later. I just CAN'T WAIT!!!

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Feel the udder - you will feel it get tighter since its not shaved

5. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    I can tell it's tighter today...for sure. I will feel tonight-taught is good, right?