The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cappa is due to kid April 16th! I'm getting really excited! This will be her first freshening but her second pregnancy. Her last baby was a girl and she was beautiful despite being 45 days premature. This time she is bred to my newest buck Elm! Both are roan and Elm came from moon spot genetics and Cappa has moon spots so we are hoping to get some really nice moon spotted roan babies out of them! So far so good! We think she will have twins.
I took the pictures of Cappa yesterday. And the proud daddy to be is the last picture!
Does anyone else have a million questions on why your goats had belts on? :p:D:rolleyes:

IMG_2079.JPG
IMG_2083.JPG
IMG_1503.JPG

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They are doing great! Both seem to be breathing a lot better and both are eating 3-4 ounces off the bottle every 2-3 hours. Neither has pooped yet but both have peed (Mostly on my sister).
Cappa is doing great! She's eating and drinking and she passed the afterbirth. I'm going to give her some Pen G tomorrow because I had to go in after the babies. But as is the theme of the year she has no milk...

I'm mostly not the one caring for them because one of our puppies bit my fingers pretty bad yesterday and I have a hard time moving my fingers right now.
My sister and I are going to hover like hawks for the rest of the night.
Here are some pictures of our gummy babies.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts