Caprine Supply

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by IrishRoots, Jan 15, 2013.

1. IrishRoots

IrishRoots Irish Roots Acres NDG's

Jan 7, 2013
    Columbia, TN
    I just found caprinesupply.com and have been obsessivly reading all the stuff for sale and adding tons of stuff to my 'wish list' he he .:laugh:

Has anyone ever ordered anything from there??

2. xymenah

xymenah Member with a bahhh

Jul 1, 2011
    Mount Olive, NC
    I bought nipples from them a while back... If I remember correctly I was mad at the shipping price but I'm mad at most places shipping prices.

3. Plumbago

Plumbago New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    I buy from them and they ship to Australia and find their service excellent - can't fault them!

4. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Hey Chris! I sent you an email a little while back - would you mind either PMing me here or emailing me ([email protected]) I've got a little mini doe and was hoping I could get a stud service from one of your boys for her, and if you could measure her as well. She's 17 mths.

5. serenityfarmnm

serenityfarmnm Newbie, Head over Heels in Love!

Jan 6, 2013
    Caballo, NM
    I added everything I needed into a cart there & at Jeffers pet. JP was about $30 cheaper with free shipping since my order was over $60.

Only thing JP didnt have was umbilical clips.

6. IrishRoots

Jan 7, 2013
    Columbia, TN
    Awesome! Glad others seem to like it! I really like the idea of getting a lot if my stuff online since my feed store doesn't carry anything but goat feed =)

7. Kim I have done the same thing many times. I always order from Jeffers.com I find it much cheaper and the free shipping on most orders cant be beet!

8. KarmakeeFarm

KarmakeeFarm New Member

Jun 2, 2012
    have you looked at Hoegerbers ,sp>-I love them!! a buck or 2 higher BUT customer service is awesome and they ship fast-I asked to buy a calendar and she said well they were free last week so I will send you one free this week- Jeffers is great as is caprine Supply BUT i adore these guys :D JMHO!

9. RedGate

RedGate New Member

Dec 7, 2012
    NW, AL
    If any of you ever get the chance to visit Jeffers in Dothan, AL, it is AMAZING!! I feel like I've died and gone to heaven! They have a store in front of their warehouse and if you are wanting something not out in the store you can just point it out in the catalog and they'll run to the warehouse and get your order for you. The best part is their sale barn though. Damaged packaging, leaky, or just a bit dirty items can be bought for half the price! I can't list all the great deals I've found there. I found my disbudding iron with a ripped box for 36 dollars, a lambar set for 20 something! Not to mention the countless dog toys... And just when dealing with them via phone. Everyone is so kind and helpful.

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    That was my favorite place to shop. They are great and the prices are wonderful

11. J.O.Y. Farm

J.O.Y. Farm ~Crazy Goat Lady~

Jan 10, 2012
    New Hampshire
    I find that some of there stuff is really pricey, but I still love a lot of there stuff and go back and forth between them, Jeffers, and Valley Vet. :)

12. IrishRoots

Jan 7, 2013
    Columbia, TN
    Thanks guys!! Now I have about a million things on my wish list at Jeffers... talk about enabling!!
    :rolleyes:

13. JaLyn

JaLyn Senior Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Indiana
    I'm a Hoeggers Supply kinda gal lol.. I wait and order when i have a big order so my shipping and handling is free.

14. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Hoeggers is a little pricy but they do have some things that only they carry.

15. HuckleberryFarm

HuckleberryFarm New Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Caprine supply does not stand behind their products! The Caprine milk strainer is as horrible as Caprine's customer service. The ring that holds the filter in place is too small. If you don't double up on filters, you WILL get debri in your milk! I tested it with coffee grinds because I was worried about the gap from the loose fitting ring. Sure enough coffee grinds made it through the gap. I was curious if the Hoegger strainer had the same issue, so I performed the same test on my friend's Hoegger strainer and no grinds made it through. The disc that holds the filter in place on the Hoegger fit so thight, I had to turn it over and pop it out with my knuckle. No need to double up on filters with the Hoegger! When I told Caprine about the problem, I was told there was nothing wrong with the strainer and I would have to return it at my own expense. The said they have sold 1000s of these strainers without any problem. I did a search on the internet and found others who had problems with the strainer who also contacted Caprine and were told the same thing as me. One man's even rusted! The only reason Caprine has been manufacturing this particular strainer for so long is because they refuse to listen to their customers. If they listened, they would modify the design! It is junk. Do the coffee grind test if you own one and you will see what I mean. If you love it, I would be happy to sale mine to you at a discount as I am replacing it with the Hoegger strainer. Caprine DOES not stand behind their products so I will never buy from them again!