Carly coming along nicely! We have KIDS!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Di, May 13, 2008.

1. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Let my introduce Prairie Wood Carly, our next in line. Due date June 3. Pics taken May 6. I'll take more of her tommorrow for comparison.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, this is embarrassing, tomorrow I'll get a pic of the "whole goat". Sorry. And, soon I'll even get them clipped. But, it's still getting pretty cool at night and we've been in a "rainy" period. I thought May was supposed to be WARM rain?!

What do you think?

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: Carly coming along nicely!

She's definately preggers!! Shame on me, and I'm sure you've said....is she pygmy or Nigi?

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois

Don't feel bad, my girls don't even have their udders clipped yet, its been to cold!!

She's looking nice, I'd say twins or trips :)

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

I never fully clip a doe and sometimes only the udder

she is looking nice, udder is filling in nicely

5. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA

She's a Nigerian, and a ff. I told hubby, she can't possibly have trips the first time, can she? Oh dear! You should see her now, that pic was taken May 6, she's even bigger now. I'll get the new ones up today. I want her to have at least two though, I hope they'll be a little smaller, not so hard to birth. Please :pray: for an easy birth, and I'll be happy with at least one :girl: , no really, I will!

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

yes two is all you want!

and yes they can have more then 2 on their first time, Sweet Pea had 4!

7. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA

Oh, I forgot Sweat Pea was a ff, I remember how surprised I was that she actually had quads, even though I thought she was BIG enough for 4!

8. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

I had a ff have triplets this year and she did not look big enough to have triplets. So anythings possible. :D

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

Well I think you were probably the only one who was right on that - I never woudl have guessed

10. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA

OK, I took these pics yesterday, May 17.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Funny, she's always got her head down, and her mouth full!

So, these pics were taken two weeks after the first ones. Can you see any difference? I did witness the breeding. Although, it was really fast. I left Fernando in with her for awhile but never saw her come back into heat. Considering her size, I can't imagine she'd go longer then her June 3 due date.

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

udder has filled in a bit. You will notice the biggest changes as she is more like a week to 5 days or less from kidding. Right now changes are always so slight.

12. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

I say twins, possibly trips. But I do know one thing - they will be cute little things!

13. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA

So I was outside giving the girls some watermelon, when I noticed Carly is making a nest! So, I went in to look and give her a little treat. Her ligs are definately softer! Not totally gone, but really low. I'm going to go get her clipped and I'll take a new pic. I'm so excited! Please join me in :pray: for an uncomplicated delivery. And happy, healthy :girl: :girl: !

14. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

I had a tiny tiny unregistered Nigerian who ran with a buck for 3 years and never got pregnant. Then I got a new buck and bam - TRIPLETS!! We even ultrasounded her and only saw twins..... so yes FF can definately have trips! Just make sure you have some BoSe just in case!

15. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA

Yes, I have BoSe, Vet made sure I had everything I could possibly need before she left for BRAZIL, man I wish she was here...but she won't be back till June 1. Carly will probably hold out till then though. I haven't actually needed the vet for any deliveries yet, but it's nice to know she's available if I need her. There is another vet available in a crisis, but you get emotionally attached to a vet...hhmmmm...I'm only going to think good thoughts! No more doom and gloom...hhmmmm. :GAAH:

16. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA

Ok, I take terribly pictures, sorry. Anyway, I clipped her, partly anyway, so here she is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, I'll try to get better ones tomorrow. Can you tell any difference in the new ones? Is she "posty" yet? I don't think so, yet anyway.

17. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

I would say that they have a bit longer to bake. It won't be long though.

18. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA

Yeh, I think so too. I'm just sooo excited about these kids.

19. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

nice clip job. Her udder looks to be coming along nicely. Is she pygmy? sorry I probably asked that already :shades:

20. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA

No, she's a Reg. Nigerian Dwarf. She's one of the does we got from Prairie Wood Ranch in New Mexico. It's funny we have her littermate sister, who is gold and white. They have totally different colors!