Carmella's pooch test... yes? no? maybe?

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by jenfrank, Aug 26, 2009.

1. jenfrank

jenfrank New Member

Aug 23, 2009
    I don't know if this pic will help... Any bidders?

Attached Files:

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    LOL....I have a hard enough time with my own girls, but the way her anus is tucked up under her tail, I'd say she isn't. Sorry :(

3. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I think she looks really pregnant. I would say within a month of kidding. her vulva is very swollen and the area ia "velvety" looking.
    beth

4. jenfrank

jenfrank New Member

Aug 23, 2009
    No offense Liz, but I'm rooting for Beth on this one! :thumbup: I just got back from my local farmer's association. I was trying to find out if they knew anything about a blood test for goats. They didn't. But while I was there, a precious elderly gentleman came in with his granddaughter, and he is a long time goat herder. He said he has a 98% accuracy rate with "dowsing." He holds a chain over the goats belly, right side first, and if it moves clockwise its a girl, if it moves counter clockwise its a boy, if it swings back and forth it's one of each, if it doesn't move at all, there are no babies at all! I tried it, of course, as soon as I got home, and it seemed to move back and forth consistently. And it didn't matter which way the goat was standing, it always swung perpendicular with her spine. Now, I don't know if this really works, but there it is.

Has anyone else ever heard of dowsing or had any luck with it?

5. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

never evebn heard of it, im guessing its an old wives tale but thats just my opinion.
    beth