Carmie

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Nigie Girl, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Nigie Girl

Nigie Girl New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    CT
    i just was away at a fair helping my mom sell soap and i heard my brother start screaming outside. i ran outside and fell on the ground crying. my favorite goat carmelita was just killed by what the DEP thinks is a bear. i went outside and i saw her laying on her side with her stomach, udder, brisket ripped open and she had massive bite marks on her neck from dragging. the DEP said that the bear ran into my barn and grabbed her by the neck and dragged her outside where it killed her. there was blood everywhere. i started sobbing and my dad, twin brothers, and my grandparents are devasted. i only have three goats. and she was the sweetest gentlest one. i am so sad and i needed to write something to warn goat owners about predators. i haven't stopped crying and it was three hours ago.

2. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Oh wow, I am so sincerely sorry for your loss. And what a horrible sight it must have been to see your doe like that. :hug: :hug:

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    How horrible, I'm so sorry for your loss :hug: :hug: :hug:

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Maria, I am so sorry you lost your girl :hug:

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    oh, thats is so sad. a breeder here had her market goat killed by a bear and she was devastated also. :hug: katrina

6. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    Wow, that is just horrible. I feel so sorry for you. :hug: :hug:

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I'm so sorry for your loss ~! :hug:

8. harmonygoats

harmonygoats New Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Northern Arkansas
    I am so sorry for your loss. :tears: :tears:

9. deenak

deenak New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Ames Iowa
    I am so sorry that you lost your goatie in such a tragic way. I will be praying for you and your family.

10. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    So sorry to hear that. ((((( :hug: )))))

11. Candy

Candy New Member

I'm so sorry for you. It brought tears to my eyes. :mecry: I can't imagine what I would feel like if something happened to one of my girls. :pray:
    Candy

12. goatshows

goatshows New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    MA
    again like i said last night i am very soory for your loss. i only have 2 goats and i dont know what i would do if somthing happened to them. i am very sorry. :hug: :tears: :grouphug:

13. Nigie Girl

Nigie Girl New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    CT
    Thank you so much everyone...I really appreciate it...you could help me by answering my goat psychiatry question in the vet forum....Thanks again!!!