The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully we have some people who know something about piercings here lol

Ive had my cartilage pierced for over a year. Not really thinking about it I bought a 16 guage earring for it. Now ive read that the way it was done, I likely had an 18 or 20 guage earring used to pierce it. So my question is can I even use a 16 guage? I understand it would be sore for a while it stretched but would it be safe or should I return it for an 18guage?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well if you already paid for it stick it in there and find out.......I only have normal wearing holes so I really don't know sorry :(
Thats what I was thinking. My mom bought it for me as a christmas gift. I told her it may not work so we can exchange it if needed. Hopefully it will though... its cute and they dont have it in 18 guage

·
Member with a bahhh
2,427 Posts
Cartilage piercings take a long time to heal and I'm guessing you got pierced with a gun so those take even longer? Lube it up and see if it fits and you don't have pain then it will be ok but if it hurts don't force it, a small sting would be ok but not searing pain. If it gets sore soak your ear in salt water that taste like you're tears using non Ionized sea salt. My ears are stretched so I go up sizes on purpose.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cartilage piercings take a long time to heal and I'm guessing you got pierced with a gun so those take even longer? Lube it up and see if it fits and you don't have pain then it will be ok but if it hurts don't force it, a small sting would be ok but not searing pain. If it gets sore soak your ear in salt water that taste like you're tears using non Ionized sea salt. My ears are stretched so I go up sizes on purpose.
Thanks, I'll give it a try. I did have it done spur of the moment with a gun... wish I would have waited and had it done with a needle like it should be. I've had it almost a year... like 11 months. Its healed but it I catch it in my hair it will be sore for a day or two.

·
LD Ranch
242 Posts
Are you referring to stretching your ears? If so, then i'd start out with a 16... i went down to a 4. They're a lot of work, i'm not going to lie. You have to clean them daily or they will start smelling nasty. Before going bigger you have to wait at least a month just because you can get a bad infection. Clean them with rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide. Remember when you stretch there will be pain and blood. It didn't hurt me that much but I don't know your pain threshold. I've since stopped stretching and allowed my ears to go back to normal. Its fun for a while but it does become a big and annoying chore.

·
Member with a bahhh
2,427 Posts
Are you referring to stretching your ears? If so, then i'd start out with a 16... i went down to a 4. They're a lot of work, i'm not going to lie. You have to clean them daily or they will start smelling nasty. Before going bigger you have to wait at least a month just because you can get a bad infection. Clean them with rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide. Remember when you stretch there will be pain and blood. It didn't hurt me that much but I don't know your pain threshold. I've since stopped stretching and allowed my ears to go back to normal. Its fun for a while but it does become a big and annoying chore.
I hate to break it to you but if it hurt and there was blood when you stretched your ears you did it totally wrong. Done correctly it should not hurt at all. My ears are at 00g and it has taken me nearly two years to get there because I did it correctly. I clean my ears every day but they are never very dirty and its not much of a chore.

Dani I forgot to mention but if you really like the earring and don't mind buying something to wear your new earring you can buy a taper to help you get up to the new size. Pm me if you want a link to a website that you can get them at a good price for. They also have good prices on other earrings too.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wasn't able to wear the 16 so I went back for an 18 and it worked... A little snug and a tiny bit sore but not bad at all. And it's incredibly cute!

Thanks for all the help! TGS is great for almost everything lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts