The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive owned goats for about ten years now and never had a problem until about a year ago. I adopted a little Pygmy doe from a rescue farm and little did I know she had two external cysts a month later which bursted and healed. About a year later a few of my other goats got the same thing. I have one goat that had CL externally but now has a horrible hacking cough for the past six months. Been going back and forth with the vet and have tried several shots. I believe she may have CL internally, what do I do about this? I've been able to manage the CL among the others no problem but now my Molly appears to have it internally and I absolutely don't want to have to put her down :( any suggestions? Will the vet surgically remove any from her lungs if that were the case? I love my goats like they're my dogs. I have eleven does and two bucks. Someone please help!

·
Super Moderator
32,284 Posts
Kylee is correct..if she has CL internally then there is nothing to do..at least not that we are aware of...
hereis an interesting link on living with CL
http://www.clgoatcare.org/#5.0

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I've reviewed many articles on this. I understand the ways to prevent it and how to manage it although this one goat who has it internally just has this awful cough and I can't let her go :/ just trying to figure out alternative to save her or make her better

1 - 10 of 10 Posts