The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughters cat apparently lost a standoff with a skunk last night...anyone know how to de-skunk a cat? and no, its not getting a bath! An inside/outside cat.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Other than donning some chain mail and giving it a bath with something like 1 quart hydrogen peroxide, ¼ cup baking soda, and 1 teaspoon dish-washing liquid...or tomato juice, I'm not sure if there is another way. Maybe it will wear off? :underchair:

·
Fair-Haven
4,596 Posts
I know this will sound weird - but it worked on my dog AND my 4 year old son (don't ask :shock:). Peanut butter - the oil in the peanut butter gets the oil from the skunk spray. Messy outside job - - big thick layers - spread on genrously - let sit, scrape off and then just wash in soap. Worked for me - would not let my son in the house until he was skunk free!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my daughter did the baking soda/soap/peroxide twice and it seems to be working....as for peanut butter, I read to use it to trap skunks, so I spread it on toast and put it in my haveaheart trap - somethings been digging under the chicken coop fence and we think its the skunk;besides the sprayed cat, we see where its been digging for grubs. Now if I catch this thing, I may need both of your ideas for myself!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts