The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
city-turned-country girl
1,137 Posts

·
city-turned-country girl
1,137 Posts
You could leave one unattached at one end, and clip it closed with carabiners. Does that make sense? :D

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
I would want a larger pen for them personally. Cattle panels work great, but kids can fit through them and adults can stick their heads through so you might want some sort of smaller field fence along the bottom.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I use these ALOT! Just ordered a million (not really) of them to fence off my whole goat pasture with. They're costly, but they can not be bent and so far have kept all my goats (and other animals) contained. Normal field fencing needs to be stretched and can sag over time. Goats can also easily go under it. These they cant.

I put chicken wire, or cheap field fencing on these to keep babies or heads out of them. I use normal t-posts to install. For a gate you can cut a 4 foot section off, rewire it to the rest of the panel on one side, and have whatever fastener to close the gate with on the other side. Works great...

·
2,203 Posts
Love cattle panel. That type you picked out has like the bottom 2 or 4 rows tightly spaced together, then the rungs level out and space out further.

We use snaps, like the ones kids have on their backpacks or like you use for a keychain holder? The big D shaped ones. That way there are "gates" everywhere if you need to get in, and they're so quick and easy to move around! We zip tie (heavy duty ones) to T posts.

Cattle panel was the answer to our prayer.

If you have a jumper, we also ran a double hot wire around the enclosure as well. One 4 inches from the top, the other at their jaw line.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts