CBS early show -- urban goats -- WHat was I thinking?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by citylights, Mar 31, 2010.

1. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Some of you guys are following my blog -- CBS contacted me a couple of weeks ago b/c they want to do an article on goats as pets in city areas... it airs tomorrow on the cbs early show -- I thnk it's 7am to 8:30 am. It's about a five minute spot and interviews me, Donna Elkins (another NPGA judge and very dear friend), and a 4H kid and her mom, ALissa --- I have no idea what's going to show, I just hope I don't look like a big dork!

Oh, well, in for a penny in for a pound!

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That is terrific.... how exciting.... :clap: :hi5: :cool: :thumb: :greengrin:

3. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Awesome! :thumbup: If they happen to post a clip onliine, please share. I'm out doing morning set up at that time so can't watch the show...darn!

Deb Mc

4. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    You will NOT look like a big dork!!! I can't wait to see it! When you find out the time and date, let us know ok! I dont wanna miss it!

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    How awesome is that? I can not wait to see it. I do not watch CBS but I will have to try to remember tomorrow, if not I know I will be able to watch it on the internet. :type:

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    is that 7 local time? its so hard to know with the different coasts.

the internet is great isnt it :)

7. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Congrats on the interview, hopefully I can get up in time to see it, if not I will try to find it online.

As far as looking or acting like a dork??? well your covered there as no one who owns goats could ever be considered a dork.

8. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    haha see I am the dork... you already said the time and date lol

9. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    I've been following the adventure on your blog, I can't wait to hear it all turns out!

10. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    just saw it! It was cute!!!

It makes me want a few Pygmy goats again. hehe.

11. dvfreelancer

dvfreelancer New Member

Aug 15, 2009
    I just aired here 8:35 local time. It was a good spot. The babies were cute. Didn't mention they could be house trained, or if they said that I missed it. They did mention checking local ordinances on the wrap but not in the piece.

Not bad. Looks like it was shot by a stringer crew for the network instead of the network regulars. How many people were there? If there were 4-5 people or more, probably network. If there was a producer, camera operator and sound person, it was probably a stringer.

12. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Well, stink, stank, stunk!!!!! We were totally cut...... after five hours of filming in San Diego, the only thing they kept was our 4H kid with the goat in her bed... they really wanted to stress goats as pets; I kept stressing responsible ownership, goats as multipurpose animals good for smaller homestead... oh, well!

13. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    Grrr.... That stinks. BUT, as a reporter myself, I do have to say that sometimes you have to blame the editor and not the person who came out and talked to you... they are the ultimate deciders of time and space... also, all good reporters do a lot more research than they can ever fit into the story just to make sure they get the story right.

Still, for 5 hours of your time, that's a bit :scratch: and :GAAH: ...I don't think I have ever spent 5 hours with someone and then not included them! That's frustrating. Well hopefully at least the 4Her was happy to be in there :hug:

14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am sorry Denise.......... that isn't fair at all.... to take up.. that much of your time ... and to not show squat...after all that .... :( ..I would be a little upset as well..... :angry: :hug:

15. Fairytaleranch

Fairytaleranch New Member

Mar 26, 2010
    I agree with you! I think they should have stressed more if goats are right for you and your situation. It was cute though!

16. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    That was GREAT! Thanks I missed it this am.Denise you done good too!

17. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    No worries -- even though we all ended up on the cutting room floor... at least I didn't have to worry about the camera adding "ten pounds." It was a ton of fun to do, and my whole house and yard is very, very clean!

It looks like one of the correspondents in OR decided to pick it up as opposed to interviewing all of us and then splicing it in.... does that make sense?

18. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That was entertaining ...I loved the goats.... oh... and the baby pigmys at the end of it ....where so...so adorable..... :wink: :greengrin:

19. Mully

Mully New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Mt Ulla , NC
    You did great ..now the whole world will want a pet goat ..... watch the prices go up :laugh: