Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by CCCSAW, Aug 16, 2020.
Beautiful kids! Good luck with your 2nd doe! Best of kidding to you!
Really so many things I've read says more or less if they are close to delivery and are still eating they won't deliver for at least 5-6 hours or more, but if they won't come to eat they will delivery with in 5-6 hours. A few locsl breeders swears by this. Neither of my girls did this, both eating right before delivery
Yes...their is an old post on TGS..THE DOE CODE. It is hilarious..how they plot against us, drive us crazy.. Then after going through the kidding..you understand...THE DOE CODE!
Can you try to find me a link? I'm looking for it. Might be a fun read while I sit here and wait.
Nevermind, I think i found it that was a cute read
I swear Banshee went so fast and Meridia is taking her sweet arse time about this.
But on a different note both Bonnie and Clyde's umbilical cords are already nicely dried up (yes i did iodine them yesterday)
Ok so we are at about 6 hours now. Still no kids. She doesn't seem distressed still doing the up and down stuff. I haven't seen her pushing but then again we left for a few hours to get groceries. I have a friend that can be here in 2-3 hours to take a look at her, I had planned before we left to call him if she hadn't delivered by time we got back. So I guess for now I'm just going to go sit and watch for a while. But I'll have to get her in the pens soon since she's taking so long. He said we might have to go in and check her but if she's not in distress to just wait for now (since this will be my first assist). I think he understood i just really need a set of more experienced eyes to help me decide what to do next.
How is she? Any kids? Everything ok?
No kids. A lot of up and down still. Our friend should be here possibly with in the hour. But I'm not sure how far from work his drive home is. He was expecting to be off between 3 and 330 so he could be heading my way as we speak. We did get her moved into the pen which should make things easier as she's my wild girl. But there's just no change right now.
Ok I would put on a glove and put a couple of fingers in there.
To see what you feel a wall or a baby not in the correct position. Put lubricant on and see if you can work with her and gently but with a little pressure help mama to open up. Just add a little pressure with her labor pain.
I would but it wouldn't be possible without help and with the smoke in California I can't ask my husband (who has asthma) to come out unless it's an emergency. As it is he already went with me to Costco and helped move her into the pen. If I push him to much more he might not be able to go to work tomorrow. I know he'll come out once Randy gets here, but the doe won't let us close enough to get a hold of her right now much less someone trying to feel back there. Unfortunately, I'm just going to have to wait and hope Randy gets here soon.
She's closed right now. I'm going to start calling for more help
Heading to the vet
How are things? How are you?
Ok everyone sorry for the late update, I actually passed out for a moment at the vet... long story but I've been dealing with a lot of stress lately...
So update on Meridia. She was dilated or at least she was by time we got up there, there where feet but they where right at the cervix, he tried there was no giving. She was too narrow. The kids may have been twisted too at one point he had 3 feet but couldn't tell who was what. So we went in for a c-section she had 1 girl that passed she was 9 1/2 pounds and a boy that survived i didn't get his weight but he was a little smaller and he was the one stuck. I think he is closer to 8 pounds. So good news is we did get her up there in time, bad news is this is her first and last kid. They are staying at the vet for the night. She did try to search for him and did clean him a little once she started to come to but we struggled to get him to nurse so they gave him bose and milked mama to give him colostrum. We'll see how she's doing in the morning. I need a shower.
Here is post op mama and boy
I am sorŕy for your loss.
Sorry you lost one.
So to finally fully update you on what went on last night. We opted to transport Meridia up to the vet knowing she might need the c-section. He did an ultrasound first but couldn't really see anything he could see fluid but no babies no heartbeats. He checked her discharge (sac tissue) and looked her over, decided she was clearly pregnant so he physically checked her next, his hands where much smaller then even my own. He did find feet, he spend a good deal of time trying to pull the feet and get the head through but she just wouldn't give. He couldn't get the head into the canal at all. I know at one point he felt a third foot but no idea who's, at this point he was already going in pretty deep to move the kid around. He gave some more good hard pulls trying to free the baby but we finally called it and opted for the c-section. Once he was in the girl came out first my goodness she was a long tall thing 9 1/2 pounds... that's about the time I started feeling lightheaded i sat down in a chair and passed out... the tech worked on her but said she was already purple, nothing was giving no heartbeat not attempt to breath. I was only out for a maybe a min, of course they called 911. Sydney finally gave up on the girl as dr Martin got the boy out. She got him going pretty quickly they put him on my lap while we waited for the emts so she could help with Meridia. I just kept rubbing and patting him to keep him going until the emts arrived. We set him in the floor and Sydney was multi tasking between Meridia and the boy while i got checked out. After a few minutes and a few checks they cleared me and gave me the option, I was feeling better so I stayed. Once he finished with Meridia and got her closed up and back on the floor we put the boy with her. Once she started to come too she did try to look for him but you could tell she was confused. We tried a few times to get him to nurse but he wasn't getting the idea so we just kept trying to keep her calm and help her find him, they both started trying to get up but it's hard to do on those slick floors. She did clean him a little so that's good but the Dr milked her out to feed him for now and gave him bose. That's about when we decided they would both be better off to stay the night. Right now I'm just waiting on their call to see how things are going and to plan pickup.
Unfortunately for Meridia this is her first and last kid. if she does accept him she will be culled or sold after weaning. It's sad because she's only 3, she was bred last year but miscarried at 8 weeks. I will say I'm glad we where able to save 1 and I'm even more happy that it was the boy because with how tall and long the girl was I wouldn't be surprised if she would have been prone to the same issue in the future. At least I won't have to worry about breeding or not breeding the girl or trying to rehome her as a pet.
I don't think the boy is market quality at all, he is also tall and long so i might have my middle boy but a market kid and grain out the boy to sell him for meat, i don't think i can butcher him or Meridia for our own table just because of attachments at this point. At least if I sell them I can recoup some of the costs.