CD/T dosage on kids

Discussion in 'Pack and Working Goats' started by mjoe, Apr 12, 2013.

1. mjoe

mjoe New Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Can anyone help clarify the correct dosage on kids with their first CD/T booster shot? I have read online anywhere from .1ml / 10lb all the way up to a 2cc dose. Thanks

2. TDG-Farms

TDG-Farms Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State

Jul 12, 2013
    The correct dosage is always 2cc :) Then 2 weeks later 2cc more (which falls in line with dis budding). And then their yearly booster.

3. Rockytopsis

Rockytopsis New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Dave is correct, no matter the age or weight, 2cc then two weeks later 2cc then followed by yearly shot of 2cc.
    Rocky

4. rtdoyer

rtdoyer New Member

May 5, 2010
    I did my first CD/T shot on April 16th and was getting ready to do the booster tomorrow (3 weeks later). I have read all sorts of different time tables. I have gone with the following from Fias Co Farm website. We do the 6 weeks and 21 days later.

Any science behind the different theories?

Tonia

From Fias Co Farms
    Goat dose: SQ Injection
    • 2ml (no matter what weight)- one or twice annually
      • Give to does one month before kidding.
      • Give to kids who's mother was vaccinated at 6 weeks and 21 days later.
      • Give to kids who's mother was not vaccinated at one month of age, a second does 21 days later and a third does 21 days after that.

5. TDG-Farms

TDG-Farms Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State

Jul 12, 2013
    They are incorrect. CD/T is a vaccine vs [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]diseases. The sooner you do it, the sooner it starts protecting. Unless you are a believer in not using vaccines, use it as suggested above.
    [/FONT]

6. rtdoyer

rtdoyer New Member

May 5, 2010
    So should I ignore the first CD/T shot and just do all goats with a CD/T this weekend and then all again in 2 weeks? What age do you give the first shot? I'm just talking newborn kids.
    Thanks,
    Tonia

7. Rockytopsis

Rockytopsis New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    You have not said how old your goats are or if they have ever had a shot but the Fias Co. Farms way to give injections is what I use and when we started following that plan I saw healthier babies being born the next season.

If your goats do not fall into that pattern then here is what I would do.

2cc for all goats now followed by 2 cc in 10 days then 2 cc in 6 months then once a year after that.

Nancy