The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help clarify the correct dosage on kids with their first CD/T booster shot? I have read online anywhere from .1ml / 10lb all the way up to a 2cc dose. Thanks

·
Registered
185 Posts
I did my first CD/T shot on April 16th and was getting ready to do the booster tomorrow (3 weeks later). I have read all sorts of different time tables. I have gone with the following from Fias Co Farm website. We do the 6 weeks and 21 days later.

Any science behind the different theories?

Tonia

From Fias Co Farms
Goat dose: SQ Injection
  • 2ml (no matter what weight)- one or twice annually
    • Give to does one month before kidding.
    • Give to kids who's mother was vaccinated at 6 weeks and 21 days later.
    • Give to kids who's mother was not vaccinated at one month of age, a second does 21 days later and a third does 21 days after that.

·
Registered
185 Posts
So should I ignore the first CD/T shot and just do all goats with a CD/T this weekend and then all again in 2 weeks? What age do you give the first shot? I'm just talking newborn kids.
Thanks,
Tonia

·
Registered
164 Posts
You have not said how old your goats are or if they have ever had a shot but the Fias Co. Farms way to give injections is what I use and when we started following that plan I saw healthier babies being born the next season.

If your goats do not fall into that pattern then here is what I would do.

2cc for all goats now followed by 2 cc in 10 days then 2 cc in 6 months then once a year after that.

Nancy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts