CD/T Question

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by StaceyRosado, Jun 21, 2009.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Can you give a cd/t booster at 29 days and it still be effective?

2. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    I dont see why not! :)

3. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    i am asking because it says booster 21-28 days and the people just contacted me yesterday and I cant get out there till Thursday which would make it 29 days after the first shot (or if you dont count the day the shot was first given then it will be exactly 28 days. Shot was given on May 20th).

Thanks

4. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Can they go ahead & give the booster then? Im sure there's a window in there where its just as effective..I've given boosters a couple days early if they are scheduled to be picked up.

5. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    they asked me to come and do it - Iam their go to person for all sorts of goat stuff. Their older wethers (16 years old) died last year and they jsut got these two new boys that are a couple months old now (born April 20th).

Tomorrow I have to be in work by 12 so I can come in the morning but on Tuesday I get my horse so I need to be home in the afternoon after work and I can get there till Thursday evening hence the 29 day question.

And it all depends on how you count because it could be 28 on thursday if you dont count the day the shot is given.

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I honestly don't think a few hours will make much difference in the effectiveness, I would however question it if it were to be a week later.

7. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Yes Liz, that's pretty much my line of thinking.

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thanks guys I appreciate it

9. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    It will be fine. It really isn't that big of a deal if it's a couple days before or after it should be.

10. Just Kiddin'

Just Kiddin' New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Southern California
    I don't count the day given with any of my medicines. Techinically it isn't a whole day until the next day so you would start counting from the day after it's given. If you gave something at say 10:00 on monday then 1 day would be tuesday at 10:00.
    May 20 - June 17 is 28 days. You're going to be 8 days late if you go this Thursday.

11. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    It will be fine. It is better to get that booster in even if it is late then not at all. I have to sayi have been a week or more late. :sigh: