The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I should know this, but with everything we have going on, I can't find my notes! And don't have time right now to surf the net.

If you get goats who have never had a cd/t, how long do you wait to give them the 2nd shot?
One goat we got a couple of months ago got his at the end of June, and never had one previously. I just got a doe a couple of weeks ago and we gave her the shot a couple of days ago.

Also, the goat kids will be needing their first shot in a few weeks (8 weeks old in a few weeks), how long should I wait to give the second shot? I do remember reading 6 weeks after the first one, but thought I'd get opinions here on what you all do.

·
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I will make a note in my records for when they need their 2nd shots. The buckling is getting his today.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
For babies that mom DID GET their shot, like Liz said, 21-28 days old then a second in another 21-28 days.

If mom DID NOT get her CDT shot then they need one more 21-28 days after the second one.

Mom should have hers 2-4 weeks before she kids. If you have a goat that you have no idea if they ever received one before then I would do two of the CDT 21-28 days apart, just to be safe. That is what I always do.

·
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank You Lori. We didn't know the due date for our 2 does that kidded last month, so they got theirs one week before one kidded, and a week and a half for the other one, so that's great info to have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts