The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
ADGA Nigerian Dwarf Goats
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I purchased the 10 dose vial of CD&T from TSC and forgot about it in my car for about 4 hours :( When I remembered and ran out to get it it was no longer cold. I put it right in the fridge, but I didn't know if it was still safe to use. The kids are due for their first vaccine and the older group is due for their second. Unfortunately TSC is not a short drive so it is a planned trip..otherwise I would have shot right back and just gotten another one. Or am I being overly cautious? This is my first batch of kids and I am a fairly new goat owner. I've only had goats for about 2 years and this is our first breeding season so I am still a nervous nellie lol.

·
Registered
30,611 Posts
Im not sure I would chance it...I would contact the manufacture first thing ... perhaps TCS will exchange it??

(we are at least 45 minutes from any TCS too) such a pain

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
I wouldn't use it. It won't harm them, but it won't give them any immunity. I read an article one time on vaccines and it stated in there that if they warm up even a little bit they are no good.

Don't feel bad though, we've all done this at one time or another :)

·
Katrina
3,315 Posts
Depending on how warm it got, it may not be bad. Call the manufacturer. I let my syringes warm up after I've drawn doses. We've always let the horse vaccines warm to room temp also without issue

1 - 6 of 6 Posts