The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
TKC Farms
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered CD&T vaccine from Jeffers pet and received it warm. Due to a shipping delay. Will it still be good? The brand names is essentials I think. It is not supposed to cause knots as bad.

·
Fair-Haven
4,710 Posts
Jeffers states that vaccines may arrive warm if not priority shipped - so it depends on what option you chose when you ordered it.....

·
TKC Farms
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeffers states that vaccines may arrive warm if not priority shipped - so it depends on what option you chose when you ordered it.....
Do you think it's still good?

·
Registered
30,566 Posts
I agree..I would not use it.

·
TKC Farms
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you think it's still good?
Ok, received vaccine Monday eve. It was cool to touch but not cold. It was shipped with the gel pack and insulation. I immediately put it the refrigerator. When you say warm do you mean room temp or above? As I said it was cool to the touch.

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
I have used cool-to-the-touch vaccines before.

I like to order vaccines in cold weather and then store them in the fridge until I need them.

2 years ago that backfired on me when I was gone for a week because of my husband's surgery (open heart) and some friends came to the farm to help. My fridge got unplugged to use the extension cord it was on and never got plugged back in. I lost everything in my chest freezer and chest refrigerator, including my vaccines!

So, if you adopt my plan, don't run off and have open heart surgery...

·
Registered
3,990 Posts

I like to order vaccines in cold weather and then store them in the fridge until I need them.

2 years ago that backfired on me when I was gone for a week because of my husband's surgery (open heart) and some friends came to the farm to help. My fridge got unplugged to use the extension cord it was on and never got plugged back in. I lost everything in my chest freezer and chest refrigerator, including my vaccines!

....without leaving a note.lol

Reactions: mariarose

·
TKC Farms
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

OOOH, hope you are doing fine now. thanks for reply. What happens if you use the warm vaccine

·
Registered
128 Posts
My fridge got unplugged to use the extension cord it was on and never got plugged back in.
ugh my husband unplugged my greenhouse heater to use the extension cord. it got to 18F that night... he hasn't done it since.

i knew someone that got a pack of vaccines from a vet with an icepack (to keep them cool for the drive) and thought that it meant they were supposed to go in the freezer. so, they put it in the freezer when arriving to the house.

so- which is worse? thawed, previously frozen vaccines? or warm vaccines?

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
Neither can be used, from my understanding.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
I've never ordered from Jeffers so please excuse me. So depending on what option you choose try won't put ice packs In the box? I order from valleyvet and they always automatically ship over night and pack a insulted box with a bunch of ice packs. So
I'm just curious how Jeffers does it.

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
You get one ice pack automatically. You have the option of buying more for $1.00 each. Those are strong and work very well. If you buy too many you risk freezing the vaccine.

They wrap everything in bubblewrap together. They also give you the option of buying a small cooler for $5.00. They pack very well.

This was the case of a shipping delay, and the very warm weather involved. I mean, it has been in the 80s here in KY, I don't imagine it has been extremely cold in GA.

Reactions: Jessica84

·
TKC Farms
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, talk to Jeffers Pet. They are sending me a new bottle that shipped today.

·
TKC Farms
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok, talk to Jeffers Pet. They are sending me a new bottle that shipped today.
I forgot to mention this but Jeffers said if it was no warmer than room temperature (73) it was probably still good to use, but she said they would send me a replacement.

·
Super Moderator
83,097 Posts
I am glad they are replacing it.

However, you kinda have to worry about what it went through, on it's journey and if it sat in a room or truck which was too warm.

That is why, I go to a feed store and buy mine from there, so I know it was refrigerate and in a controlled environment.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts