CD&T???

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by Goat Crazy, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio
    I was wondering....the cd&t bottle say's that once you use it that you should throw it away. I keep it once I use it and store it in the frig until I use all of it. Should I buy a new bottle every time I need to use it or is okay to keep using the same bottle until it's all gone? Also, can it harm the goat if I overdose? I realized after I gave my buck his that I accidentally overdosed him by 1ml. he's been fine since I did 2 months ago, but I was wondering what could happen if its overdosed?

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I usually use it til it's gone. Not sure of any cosequences to an over dose, if there are any.

3. ENC

ENC New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    NE OK
    I think that they mean once the bottle is empty throw it away and don't try to use it for a water bottle or something stupid like that. I can't imagine using the bottle all at once. They don't even make small enough quantities for most people to use in one dosing.

Evan

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yah -- dont use it for something else but you can hold it in the fridge till you need it again.

Its just a strain of the bacteria that you are giving to the gaots -- there is no harm in an extra CC but I think if you gave the whole bottle then there might be an issue

5. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio
    Thanks for all your responses. I just wanted to know if I really should throw it out before using all of it, like the bottle said. They probably just want you to buy it every time you need it which is why they say throw it out once your done using it, after only giving one or two doses. I would throw it out once I used it all, I am not sure what you could use an empty bottle of it for :shrug: :p

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree.....I think it is a way for the CD&T company... to make more money..... making people buy more ... when it isn't necessary...

I to... refridge and reuse it later....... overdosing 1 cc is OK ... :wink: :greengrin: