The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The vaccine I have just says 2 ml... That seems a lot for a month old kid. Is there any recommendations or will they be fine? Plan on doing it at one month, 3 and 6 months per my goat vet recommendations.

·
Premium Member
4,801 Posts
The vaccine I have just says 2 ml... That seems a lot for a month old kid. Is there any recommendations or will they be fine? Plan on doing it at one month, 3 and 6 months per my goat vet recommendations.
2ml is for everyone even kids. You only give it twice right now then every year they all get a booster. Give the first shot at 6-8 weeks then the second a month later.

·
Super Moderator
59,896 Posts
They get way more than CDT immunity from Mom. They still got immunity. I don't see the point of giving a vaccine at a month old when it won't be effective because they don't have their own immune system.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I thought CDT was just a shot that was given once. I don't give my goats CDT because one of my alpine kids died of it in the past. I have no idea why it happened, but I just stay away from the CDT shots unless if they really need them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.