The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,237 Posts
What color poops? Temp? Famacha? How old is she? Is she acting well otherwise?
Scours could be the result of stress, parasites, fresh greens or from eating somthung toxic. It's not good to stop them until you have a good idea what caused them. B complex and probiotics never hurts as a first step

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What color poops? Temp? Famacha? How old is she? Is she acting well otherwise?
Scours could be the result of stress, parasites, fresh greens or from eating somthung toxic. It's not good to stop them until you have a good idea what caused them. B complex and probiotics never hurts as a first step
shes 3 weeks my vet said to do cdt since moms didnt have it. she still has the yellowy poop. have to take temp. she seems fine otherwise.. i just find it weird since she was fine until the shot and she did not like it that why i think it is stress.

·
Super Moderator
32,237 Posts
It could be the stress of rhe shot. Honestly holding off the cd&t until 2.5 to 3 months is better as baby will have her own immune system and the vaccine will be more effective. Since she is on mom, and fine other wise..I would do spector guard or other red pig scour meds. This will address ecoli as well since she is right at that age of being susceptible. Also time to start coccidia prevention 😉

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It could be the stress of rhe shot. Honestly holding off the cd&t until 2.5 to 3 months is better as baby will have her own immune system and the vaccine will be more effective. Since she is on mom, and fine other wise..I would do spector guard or other red pig scour meds. This will address ecoli as well since she is right at that age of being susceptible. Also time to start coccidia prevention
Where do I find Spector guard? I’ve never used it.

·
Super Moderator
32,237 Posts
Tractor supply or other farm supply store.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
32,237 Posts
I do one squirt 2 times a day for 3 days. If you can't do 2 times a day..give 2 squirts once a day for 3 days. Always follow with probiotics after the third day for 3-5 days.

Reactions: toth boer goats

·
Super Moderator
32,237 Posts
My pleasure

1 - 10 of 10 Posts