The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have NG that is due next month, we bought her off a farm that doesn't use CDT. My question is it safe for me to give her a CDT while she's pregnant??? She is 2 years old.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Yes, for a goat that is already up to date, the CDT vaccine is usually given 2 weeks before the due date. I am not sure if you would need an initial vaccine and a booster for a doe that has never been vaccinated before.

·
Super Moderator
58,914 Posts
I normally do the CDT shot 4 weeks prior to kidding. If she has never had CDT before, then she would both the shot and the booster.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does anyone give cdt shots themselves and if so where do you buy the vaccine? Or is it something a vet must administer like rabies

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thank you just had no clue what else should I vaccinate with and how old before I can give them?

·
Super Moderator
83,152 Posts
Yep, tractor supply and most feed stores.

There are other vaccines out there for goats, you may ask other breeders in your area, what they use and are worried about.

Usually, CD&T is the main vaccine,the only one I use so far, it is for overeating disease and tetanus. Some breeding don't even give that, but I do to be safe. ;)

There is one to prevent pneumonia, forget what it is called off hand, it is good, if you are in a prone area for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts