The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Today is Day 147 and no babies yet. :( Her breathing is very labored though and udder is filling. Can't really feel ligament either. No discharge, but there wasn't any discharge last year either and everything went normally. Seems she has decided to follow the Doe Code this year. :D

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The babies are here! She had two doelings - and I believe both are polled! Poor girl didn't have an easy delivery though. It was very very stressful for all involved. She was very restless and looked to be in a lot of pain (I was afraid the kids were too big) but we just kept an eye on her. She started flailing around on the ground (Yes! Upside down!) when we knew something was really going wrong. We went in but only felt a head - no hooves. The baby's tongue was out too and we thought for sure she was dead. :( We weren't able to push her back but fortunately she was able to come out like that. I thought she would be huge but she was little! And alive! She was wheezing at first and looked pretty bad but we cleaned her up and she started breathing normally. Her sister came within a few minutes. We thought for sure they would both be dead and were so thrilled that we had gotten two live, polled, DOELINGS! The first girl was very weak at first and wasn't nursing. She liked my finger though..

Thankfully we were able to show her how to nurse and now both are doing well! The first girl weighed in at 3 lbs and the second was 3.2 lbs. :) I'm just so thankful they were ok! Squeaks is doing great as well! Gave her some NutriDrench (which I learned she loves!) and she seems to be doing fine now! She's a great mom!

Girl #1

151653079_239215677900655_6577542082167976283_n.jpg

Girl #2

150803419_239215821233974_3536478871666152275_n.jpg

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Awwww! I am soo glad they are ok and Squeaks is too!!!
And they are gorgeous!!:inlove::inlove:
Congratulations to you all, you guys did a fantastic job!
You are finally getting your doelings!:)

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Awwww! I am soo glad they are ok and Squeaks is too!!!
And they are gorgeous!!:inlove::inlove:
Congratulations to you all, you guys did a fantastic job!
You are finally getting your doelings!:)
Thank you! It seems the theme for this year is polled doelings. :D I'm just glad everybody is ok! I was really worried we could even lose Squeaks for a minute as she seemed to be in a lot of pain, but as soon as we went in, she was so calm and let us do everything we needed to do and within minutes everything was ok. :)

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Congratulations! They are so cute! Glad you could get them out okay and everyone is alright. Wonderful that you got rewarded for all that stress!
Thank you! And yes! I thought the whole time that they were boys for sure! I didn't even need them to be polled or doelings, I just wanted live babies! :inlove: Still a great bonus though!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Next up is Gracie, my little problem doe. :hide: We had a lot of trouble breeding her, and last year she miscarried 52 days early, but today is Day 108 and so far so good! We started giving free choice kelp this year and I even painted her tail with iodine a few times so hoping this year she'll carry full term. :) Due Date: March, 28/2021.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Got some pictures of all the kids today. :)

Squeaks' Two Doelings
1B93100A-4607-4870-873E-73C08EC03867.jpeg
62EC8AAE-5061-435A-92BB-77EABEEBE61C.jpeg

Diamond's Kids
Doeling
A55852B1-41FD-46FB-9427-B45EED8C3B55.jpeg

Buckling
C41C4DC9-A234-434A-B63F-AA7C63B44C72.jpeg

Trying to decide who to retain. I plan on retaining both of Diamond's kids, but unsure about retaining both or either of Squeaks' kids. They are really cute and I love their coloring, but coloring is always last when choosing kids. :)

I could just keep them all. :D

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
They are beautiful! I can’t see how you can sell any of them while they are soo cute! You can always keep them until they have grown some and decide then :shrug:.
I am very happy for you, blessed with babies!

21 - 40 of 63 Posts