The Goat Spot Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
She is doing well! Thanks for asking! :) I really hope she is! She's looks pregnant!

Here is a picture of her from maybe 1 1/2 - 2 months ago. :)
View attachment 199779
How are all your goats doing? :D
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Mine are all well, thanks!:)

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,047 Posts
They really are! The other two babies are so little and its funorable (funny/adorable ;) ) to watch them play together! :D How are all your goats doing? I'm so glad your doe had a successful kidding!
My goats are doing really well. Thanks for asking :). Still waiting on my other doe, Prim to kid. She'll be day 151 tomorrow, so any time now. :waiting:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
My goats are doing really well. Thanks for asking :). Still waiting on my other doe, Prim to kid. She'll be day 151 tomorrow, so any time now. :waiting:
That is so exciting! And by the way, the waiting, never gets easier. :heehee: Every year is just as exciting as the one before! Will you them breeding them again this year too?

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,047 Posts
That is so exciting! And by the way, the waiting, never gets easier. :heehee: Every year is just as exciting as the one before! Will you them breeding them again this year too?
I plan to. I would like to try milking through, but I think it would be better to try on their second lactation when they are producing more milk. How about you? Will you be breeding any does this year?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm so happy, I can't believe it! Diamond had a little doeling and a buckling! :) She kidded very easily and just waited for us to leave for a couple minutes and had her little doeling! In just a few minutes later she had her buckling! It was just what we wanted, doeling for our herd and a buckling for a stud for the rest of our herd. And bonus, I think both are polled! :D

View attachment 195845 View attachment 195847 View attachment 195849 View attachment 195851 View attachment 195853 View attachment 195855

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I plan to. I would like to try milking through, but I think it would be better to try on their second lactation when they are producing more milk. How about you? Will you be breeding any does this year?
That's great! Goats' milk is the best! I'm hoping to breed 6 does this year! We may or may not breed our 7th doe. :) How is Prim? :D

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Here is Diamond's udder at 46 days fresh and a 13 hour fill. :) Would be happy to hear thoughts or improvements that could be made if anybody has them. This was Diamond's second freshening. She had a single buckling her first go-around.
161270689_256922699463286_409966863908570879_n.jpg

Here is Squeaks udder. :) 25-26 days fresh and a 13 hour fill. Her udder isn't perfect but is a huge improvement on her udder last year!

This year's udder. :)
161177232_256919549463601_7800531800337259581_n.jpg

Last year's udder (twin bucklings. This picture was taken in July and she kidded 2/16/2020). Maybe an 18ish hour fill. Was not impressed at all. She was a second freshener.
IMG_6202.JPG

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,047 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
It’s been a while since I’ve been on - but here’s Gracie’s little boy. 😁 He is super sweet! And don’t worry the sweater was just on for photos & cuteness. 😊 Gracie had an easy delivery although she wasn’t too eager to push. She kept licking me like I was her baby and wouldn’t push if I was nearby. 🙃 He weighed about 4.7lbs so he was a pretty big kid! Gracie had no problem getting him out though once she started seriously pushing. This was her first time actually delivering a live kid (miscarried the first time) and I really love her as a doe! Her tears aren’t perfect (one is bigger than the other..?) but the rest of her udder from what I can tell is really nice! She is 3 years old and while technically a second freshener, this is her first time with a kid so I think it may be safe to treat her udder as an FF’s udder. Correct me if I’m wrong. 😁 He is polled from what I can tell. I’m already retaining a polled bucking that I really liked this year and will hopefully be purchasing one that was disbudded. I’ll probably end up whethering him. Not sure if I’ll sell him yet. My best friend really wants me to keep him. 😁

Since this little guy (Samson) was polled, that means 100% of kids born this year were polled! 5/5!

41 - 60 of 63 Posts