The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 264 Posts

· Registered
Cedar Shade Farm, Nigerian Dwarfs ❤️
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I guess with our first kids of the year due in January, I better get moving on putting this up! Watching everybody's kidding schedules and new babies is one of my favorite times of the year with goats. ❤ We should have eight does kidding this Winter/Spring - our largest kidding season yet. (Last year was six) The plan is to save three does for the fall. 🙂

First up is Diamond x Gunner, could be due 1/6 or 1/13. Ultrasound showed 2-3, but leaning towards 3 because Diamond is huge!
Organism Adaptation Terrestrial animal Snout Goat

Next is Maple x Gunner, due 2/21. Really excited for this one. Maple looks to have 2-3 (leaning towards 3, although she hardly looks pregnant) via ultrasound. This will be her second freshening.

Organism Adaptation Terrestrial animal Snout Working animal

Third is one I am just DYING for. Bonnie x Gunner. Ultrasound made it look like 2-3 as well. Due 3/12 or 3/19. Why do so many of my does have multiple kidding dates?? 😅
Plant Organism Gesture Happy Adaptation

This is one I am dying for as well. Not confirmed yet, ultrasound was confusing. Due 3/20 if bred (which happens to be the same due date as my SIL, don't tell 🤫) EDIT: Did not settle, rebred to Dart on 12/12, not confirmed, due 5/6.
Photograph Sleeve Gesture Working animal Art

After those four, I really have no clue if any of these does are bred, so I'll just put them altogether. I didn't see Gracie go into heat. No clue with the 'baby' girls, they're hard to read! 😅 Sanne could be due 3/29, 4/1 or 4/8. Or not at all, she's been seriously messing with me this year!! I'll DNA her kids just to be safe, but Gunner was only used once early on, so Dart is probably the sire. I'd love to get a kid out of each, although unlikely! EDIT: Did not settle, bred again to just Gunner 12/11, not confirmed, due 5/5. Gracie is due 4/8, and in an attempt to get my 'problem child' bred, she's bred to two bucks. After letting one buck get her once, she decided she hated him. Then, she let the other buck get her and then decided she hated him. Now to pull hairs. Fortunately, the buck kids will be wethered, but I really want a girl to keep.. 😅 Amusement (as in Amusement Park, she still needs a barn name so looking for suggestions!!!) is due 4/10 (EDIT: Confirmed! Looks like 1-2), and Carrie 4/17.

Photograph Organism Fawn Adaptation Sleeve

Vertebrate Mammal Organism Adaptation Terrestrial animal

Vertebrate Dog breed Mammal Fawn Terrestrial animal

Photograph Fawn Sleeve Snout Livestock

Looking forward to following everybody's threads this year! If I missed one of your threads, please tag me! I love watching them all! 😍

Attachments

· Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow! Look at all your Beauties!💖💝 I really like the Drovers Cross & Sweet Caroline! I love their markings! So pretty.
I think we will be kidding together! Cant wait to see all your wee ones! 🥰
Thank you!! Really excited about all the crosses. I really want to keep a girl out of each but that's just not realistic here. 😅 Hope your kidding season goes well!

· Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you everybody! Really excited about them this year! @MellonFriend, thank you for the suggestion! It's definitely on the list! It's so hard finding what 'fits' her. All my kids (except one) have names that end in y or ie (or e) like CarrIE, SannE, MarcY, etc. It's been hard trying to find a name for here that ends is a y or ie. Usually we just call her baby or new girl. We're so bad at names. 😅 She's such a goofy goat too. I'm pretty sure the last 9/10 times I've seen her that she's had hay stuck in her mouth. 😆

· Registered
Breeding Registered Nigerian Dwarf Goats
3,059 Posts
Your herd is beautiful! 😍 Really hoping you have lots of doelings this year to make up for all the bucklings you got last year! 🎀🤞

As for a barn name for your new girl....the first thing that popped into my head was "Amy". Not really sure why lol. It has the same two beginning letters of "Amusement" though. 🤷‍♀️ The only other thing I could think of is "Musey"... 🤷‍♀️

· Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your herd is beautiful! 😍 Really hoping you have lots of doelings this year to make up for all the bucklings you got last year! 🎀🤞

As for a barn name for your new girl....the first thing that popped into my head was "Amy". Not really sure why lol. It has the same two beginning letters of "Amusement" though. 🤷‍♀️ The only other thing I could think of is "Musey"... 🤷‍♀️
Thank you!! And thank you for the ideas! Amy was a name we had floating around for a while but just didn’t fit. I’d been calling her Musey but nobody else likes that! 😅 At least since you suggested it, I’m not alone. Haha

· Registered
1,676 Posts

Yeah Amy is what came to mind for me. Since you’ve been calling her new girl. What about Girlie

· Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you everybody! Definitely adding these to the name pile! I like Ashley, I'll see if I can get that by the rest of the family. 😂 I call them all "the girls" so girlie may not work. I can't call her new girl for long, because she won't be the new girl forever! 😅

In unfortunate news, I just found out Sanne is in heat today. Super disappointing because I really thought we got her this time. At least that means I have a chance to be smart and only breed her to one buck. LOL! Trying to work with a vet, but I'm 99% sure she's cystic. Going to try to get cystorelin/GnRH and see if that works. I know giving hormones should never be taken lightly. Thankfully we've done this protocol before, and it worked. Hoping we have success. I can't think of anything else, but I'm always open to suggestions and opinions. I doubt she's a freemartin or hermaphrodite. Her littermate was a girl. I don't see anything that would indicate hermaphroditism in her, but I don't know everything. Mineral-wise she looks good. Her heats had been irregular which is a sign of cystic ovaries.

1 - 20 of 264 Posts