The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 314 Posts

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Alpine doe, Priscilla (Sil), has just over a month to go until her due date of March 9th. She's bred to Kip, a Nubian buck I raised and have since sold to another farm.
Sil, in the fall of '21, before she turned into a round wooly mammoth
Working animal Terrestrial animal Snout Fence Gas

One of my last photos of Kip before he went to his new home. He was not photogenic, but he looked a lot better in person. ;)
Plant Horse Tree Liver Wood

Sil this evening. Are you starting to detect a theme? This girl likes her food!
Fence Wood Pet supply Grass Rodent

Kids have recently shifted position. She looked much bigger than this about a week and a half ago. She is much more comfortable now, though. I think the kids were putting a lot of pressure on her before.
Wood Fawn Artifact Snout Liver

Attachments

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How stinking cute!! Cant wait to see some Nupines lol
I'm so excited! I've been looking at photos of your kids and thinking, 'I hope I get some crazy ears like some of hers have!' I know that's not necessarily what you're going for, but those kids with the wild ears are just way too cute!
Oh I know who to send my alpines to lol
What a beautiful girl though! Have you done the alpine X Nubian before?
Lol. I laughed at your 'dumb and dumber' remark regarding your Alpines. Mine are not dumb, but they are more independent and likely to stroll away and do their own thing.
I have never done this cross before! I have the Alpines specifically because I wanted to cross with my Nubians. Hoping I'll get some awesome milkers!
Oh I just love Alpine Nubians! This is making me really miss my Ally girl😞😞😞.... Can't wait to see the kids!
Ally is so cute! I'll be sure to post lots of photos once the babies are on the ground. ;)

·
Registered
Capriculturalist and Goat Slave
3,068 Posts
I'm so excited! I've been looking at photos of your kids and thinking, 'I hope I get some crazy ears like some of hers have!' I know that's not necessarily what you're going for, but those kids with the wild ears are just way too cute!
I bet you do!!

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How many kids has Sil got in there?
She seems so wide for still having a whole month to go. Her last set of kids were large twins - both 9+ lbs. - and both presented with a front leg back, which I had to go in and reposition, or I really don't know if they'd have made it out. With that in mind, I've been really careful with her feeding, hoping these kids will be a bit smaller. I'm no good at guessing litter sizes, but I'm wondering if she might be carrying trips?
Snow Carnivore Mammal Dog breed Fawn

1 - 20 of 314 Posts