The Goat Spot Forum banner
281 - 300 of 301 Posts

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
Babies are almost a week old! They are doing great, and so is Pippi. I am pleased that she is not dealing with as much udder congestion this year as she has the past 2 kiddings. Also, the kids have integrated seamlessly with the other goats. They have all slept together since day one, with no trouble. I'm not sure if my herd has turned over a new leaf or what, but it's sure making my life easier! Little girl tries to nurse off everyone, including one of our young steers. :sneaky: When she goes in to nurse off the dry yearlings, they look so shocked. But I told Beaut yesterday that it's just practice for next year.
Pippi is such a good mama. Her first kidding she did not take to mothering very smoothly. But I am so glad I hung in there and just kept working with her and her first baby, as she now does an excellent job.
Dog Plant Green Carnivore Grass

Dog Plant Dog breed Tree Carnivore

Dog Plant Green Dog breed Carnivore

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 ·
Those lovely kids have legs that seem a mile long. (y):) Have no idea on the conformational aspect of long legs in the Nubian breed, it's just pleasing to my eyes.
Aw, so cute! And yes, those legs are long. They are all ears and legs. Lol. Very adorable.
They do look like they're on stilts! Pippi's legs are not really long, but my Alpines all seem to be more leggy, so I'm guessing the kids got it from that side. More ground clearance for udders when wading through the brush!
Aaawww!! What a beautiful little family!
I love how the buckling is perched on mom. 🥰
Thanks! I love it when the kids do that. And moms don't mind either when they're this size.
Little man wants Mamas attention...all of it🤣😂💗 . They are both beautiful!
Yes, he does! He is all boy!
Congrats! They are gorgeous!!
Thank you!

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #289 ·
@toth boer goats Thanks!
@FizzyGoats Things really are going well! It's so easy! Belle really does like the kids. A couple times, I have seen them come up behind her and try to jump on her back. She hasn't figured out how to handle that situation yet. She usually just looks at them with a worried face. "What are you doing?"
That's life with goats, as she must learn.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
The link still won’t work for me but I just got on Facebook normally and watched. The kids are so cute, leaping and jumping over plants as the adults just walk casually thought it all. They stayed with the herd really well.

Belle is such a sweetheart. I love that picture. I can just picture her worried face when they jump on her though. Too funny.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #298 ·
I'm really not planning to keep these kids, but they have been given names by a niece. The girl is Rosebill (Rosie) and the boy is Allis (Chalmers? Like the tractor? We don't know). Ollie for short. You never know what those children will come up with.
Rosie stopped by to investigate the hat and show off her streamer of cedar bark.
Plant Hat Sky Tree Working animal

Clothing Photograph Plant Vertebrate Smile

Ollie enjoys the daisies. He reminds me of Ferdinand the bull from the children's story.
Plant Tree Natural landscape Working animal Goat

Plant Goat Tree Natural landscape Goat-antelope

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #299 ·
The link still won’t work for me but I just got on Facebook normally and watched. The kids are so cute, leaping and jumping over plants as the adults just walk casually thought it all. They stayed with the herd really well.

Belle is such a sweetheart. I love that picture. I can just picture her worried face when they jump on her though. Too funny.
It's so funny, when you friend requested me on FB, I thought, "who is this? And then I realized, oh! It's Fizzy Goats! Cool!"
The pastures really are like a jungle for the babies! But they don't seem to mind the extra effort of keeping up.
Your whole herd is so nice! I’m glad the new little ones fit in without stressing anyone out 💕
Thanks! They are really easy babies. Though they did give me a heart attack last night. They were not with the herd when I went to bring everyone home last night. They were snoozing behind a brush pile close by, but it took me a while to locate them in the almost-dark, and I was already starting to wonder 'what happens if I can't find them?'
They are so cute! Acting like big goats and staying in front of the herd..So Cute!
Just ask the babies! They know the way!
Lovely walk through the woods!
The kids are so cute following Pippi.
I love your place.
(We can’t do walks here right now, too many bugs! My goats refuse to go.)
I love the land here! And the bugs are bad here, but I'm sure not nearly as thick as they are at your place. Will they subside soon so you can all enjoy being out again?
So adorable! I love how the kids jump over the tall vegetation to keep up.😙
They are like little jack rabbits. Glad you enjoyed the video.

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Though they did give me a heart attack last night. They were not with the herd when I went to bring everyone home last night. They were snoozing behind a brush pile close by, but it took me a while to locate them in the almost-dark, and I was already starting to wonder 'what happens if I can't find them?'
That would have been so scary!! Kids can sleep so deeply. I am glad you found them.
I love the land here! And the bugs are bad here, but I'm sure not nearly as thick as they are at your place. Will they subside soon so you can all enjoy being out again?
If we get a dry, hot time, they will hopefully slow down. There is standing water in the low parts of the bush right now. It could be that the bush belongs to the wild things only, this summer.
We are working on keeping the lawn area open and breezy, so they can come out for short times and run back when they’ve had enough.

281 - 300 of 301 Posts