Centermile here .. saying HI

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Centermile, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Centermile

Centermile Junior Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Mid California
    How do all!
    My name is Kris and I live in California, just about the middle of it.
    Have Alpines/Togg mixes, 2 adults sisters (half and half) 2 kids, one doeling and one whether (3/4 Alpine). Shooting for pure Alpines … but I’ll never give up the first 2 sisters, they are great and my Ruby is giving me a gallon and a half of milk per day. She’s a FF and a very good girl.
    I have never had goats before, just cows, so after 2 years I’m still learning a lot.
    Live on an acre of land with the 4 goats, 15 chickens, 3 assorted cats, 2 Goldens. Oh and the husband, mustn’t forget the husband, he has even learned how to milk a goat, not bad for a city boy :hug: !
    Have a very big garden, corn field, sunflower field, fruit tree’s, grapes and berries. I can, freeze, dry, all I can get off the property. Spinning yarn, knitting, sewing, cooking, cheese making and the like are some of my “hobbies”.

My animals are my most precious possessions. I love them all.

I’m glad to have found this place, will participate as my time allows, I’m pretty busy as you can see :dance:

Kris

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well welcome Kris :wave: Glad to have you here

Yup you do sound busy

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW Kris, Yep it sounds like you are very busy.

welcome here. :wave: So glad you joined us. How about some pictures? We LOVE pictures.

4. Centermile

Centermile Junior Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Mid California
    I'll see if I can post some pictures, have some time right now, lets see here .....

Here is my Milker Ruby (pre kidding), with Holly on the table

Attached Files:

5. Centermile

Centermile Junior Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Mid California
    Here's the 2 kids at 45 minutes old ..
    The boy is the darker one Toby, he's such a big baby still, at 5 months old (today) he still hides behind me or momma when he gets scared.
    The Alpine looking one is Grace (aka The Pill) is a real girl, hence the name. I prefer to think I'm not that much of a Pill but I may well be, who's to say?

I was alone when they were born, very scary, but I did it!

Kris

Attached Files:

6. Centermile

Centermile Junior Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Mid California
    And my problem child Holly, she is the one looking at you, also know as the Lord of the Dance come hoof trimming time.
    She is my brave girl, not afraid of much, just the hoof trimmers as far as I can tell :shrug:

Kris

Attached Files:

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome Kris!!!

Beautiful goats!! They are addicting aren't they.....and the amazing things you can do with an abundance of milk is endless!

They look very happy and healthy, so you are definately on the right track to being a great goat mom! :thumbup:

8. Centermile

Centermile Junior Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Mid California
    Thank you Liz.
    I'm very glad I found this place.
    Everyone seems very nice.

Kris

9. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Welcome!! :wave: Your goats are lovely!! :)

10. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    WELCOME!!!!! :wave: your goats are so pretty! I love alpines....I have a wether that is half alpine/ half pygmy.

11. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    welcome ...welcome... :wave: So happy to have you here.....if you have any questions ....please feel free to ask......Nice goats you have there... :thumbup: :greengrin:

12. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

YAY! Another alpine lover! Youre lavender doe is really cute. Its one of my favorite colors! Oh and welcome to the group!
    beth

13. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    all so pretty and the babies are cute -- itsnt it fun how they all have such different personalities?

14. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    Welcome Kris! I just got goats in May, and I want to do all the stuff you said you do, someday!!! :greengrin:

Your goats are beautiful! And the kids are precious!

15. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Very cute goats. Congratulations.

16. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Welcome to TGS! :wave: Very nice area you have for your goats. Yes, such a relief when everything turns out well, when handling a kidding by yourself.