The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fairly new to the goat world, but have always had horses and liked learning about bloodlines. Now that I have registered Nigerian goats I have been doing some research on bloodlines. My question is this: are there certain bloodlines that are known for better dispositions than others like in horses? Just something I have been pondering as I want my goats to be a very family friendly herd. Thanks!

· Registered
8,603 Posts
I haven't noticed... I think it all depends on how they're raised.

· Goatless goat momma
7,838 Posts
i have a nasty tempered doe who had a buckling. he's as sweet as can be..... she's really only nasty to the other goat, and fairly aloof with us, but he loves his scratches and cuddles...... so i dunno. maybe he takes after his dad?

· Premium Member
15,206 Posts
I have noticed some goats more docile and sweet than others, but it would be difficult to trace down which bloodlines are better, temperament wise, than others...IMO. You would also have to take into account which goats have been bottle raised. A lot of breeders bottle raise and that will turn almost every kid into a super friendly one so that would effect their disposition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.