The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally managed to get a area set up to have a Jr pen. Im weaning my 2 10 week old kids and i also have a 6 month old and a 4 month old in there. So should i offer the Chaffhaye free choice or so much a day? When i offer it to my adult does they have not been eating it well so i thought it might be to hot of a feed for summer weaning. The pen i got set up will not have a good grass supply once they eat it down there will be grass in there. So i want to be sure to provide all the stuff they need to grow up big and strong.

·
1,524 Posts
When I was feeding Chaffhaye (its priced out of my budget now) I fed it free choice to the kids, and gave it to the adults in place of their morning hay.

·
HaileyBailey
382 Posts
Chaffhaye is a less expensive alternative for alfalfa hay where I live.

All of mine get weighed out amounts twice per day.

I have Mini-Lamanchas, Lamanchas, and a couple of Nigerian Dwarfs. The adult Mini's and Lamanchas get two pounds per day, the babies and Nigerian Dwarfs get one pound per day. The ladies in milk also get grain on the stand.

This page may be helpful to you: http://www.chaffhaye.com/livestock-2/

Don't hesitate to call the Chaffhaye company with any questions. I emailed and had conversations by phone and they are so helpful and accommodating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts