change in attitude

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by AlaskaBoers, Jul 9, 2008.

1. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    i'll get pooch pics up here soon. okay Goat Head (6 yr old alpine boer) usually acts very nice and loving. now she is running away from me and her ears shoot back when i come near. is this a sign of impending kids>?

Then Zephyr - she's usually very withdrawn, doesnt like pettings or treates from your hand, and i have to chase her to even catch her. this would be her 1st kidding. and now she's acting like " oh pet me katrina!! don't forget under the chin!" and rubbing all over me. is this sign of impeding kids?

And both does have unknown due dates! thanks to a broken computor and lost calendar. figures!

2. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    Its certainly possible. I know my girl Sadie is normally standoffish but a few days before she kidded she kept rubbing up on me and wanting to be petted.

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    okay here are both pics, Before Breakfast.

4. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I wouls say it is definatley a possibility.My doe was always very scared of people but before she kidded she was very friendly.

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    With Goathead, I can see an udder, with Zephyr being a FF, hers isn't as developed...attitude changes are something I do consider for impending birth but it's the physical changes that I notice within days, with my girls their attitudes don't really change until a few hours before they deliver, If you know the month they were bred in it's helpful even without a due date, they tend to have their pooches do the most changes in the last month of pregnancy, including either swelling way out for a few days then shrinking back tightly again...at least mine go back and forth in that area.

6. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    thanks guys. goat head's (creative name :roll: ) udder has gotten cosiderably larger and zephyr has gotten little pouches where her udder i think is coming in. i think they were bred in Feb. but i really wish i would have not lost those records! thanks again.

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Well, then they should be due over the next few weeks...depending on when in Feb, just keep in mind though that some FF don't always make a large udder :wink:

8. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yeah, i'm hoping she starts filling hers soon though. according to the pictures, can i get another confimation on the pregnancies?

9. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    how about the poochy pictures?