The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so she was due around the 21st (roughly) nothing yet but I don't have an exact breeding range. This is my first pregnant goat so I'm just a worried mess lol. This was her like 4 days ago and yesterday. She looks smaller? Idk I'm so confused lol.
IMG_8389.jpg
IMG_8640.jpg
idk if I should be concerned?

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Hey...she.looks like the babies have gone down . Getting into position. The way her hips are showing is a normal look for a mother preparing to kidd. Usually when you dont know the exact date..give yourself a 5 day leeway. In other words add 5 days. So instead of the 21st..go from the 21st to the 26th. Look for kidding during this time.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I'm thinking it's twins in there.
If she was with the buck until the point that you bought her use that as the last possible due date. Though in my opinion, you will be seeing babies in the next 48 hours. Don't panic if she doesn't have them right away just wait until her udder blooms. As long as you can feel the babies moving they are fine.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Looks fine to me! Definitely looks like the kid(s) have dropped as others said above! I’ve had times where I wasn’t sure when the exact due date was. Well, I thought I knew. Goats can have their kids late and occasionally early. It’s better the kids are born late though, as you don’t want your doe to kid underdeveloped kids. A couple years ago, I thought my doe Lucy was due March 26th, but she just kept us worried until she kidded on March 31st!
Just be patient and stay calm. The babies will come! :stork::storkboy::storkgirl:
:goatpull:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts