Charcoal

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by gnomes'n'goats, Dec 9, 2007.

1. gnomes'n'goats

gnomes'n'goats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Under a mushroom
    I want to get a good supply of emergency medicine together for my goats. I was wondering what kind of charcoal is used to help cure a goat of poisoning and where I can get it.

thanx

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

3. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    Yep, that's the kind I got too. I've never had to use it yet, but it's really nice to have on hand "just in case" and it's a pretty big tube that lasts a long time.

4. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    if you don't get the applicator gun, how do you get it out of the tube???

5. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I havn't used the gel stuff, but i imagine you can use one of those big 30 cc surynges to suck it up. I got one for tube feeding kids and i have used it for a lot of different things hundreds of times. Probably one of the best things in my emergency kit.
    As for the charcoal, i have the rock form you can get at the pet store, i keep a small coffee frinder in my first aid kit as well. This grinds it up to powder form and then i mix it with mineral oil.
    beth

6. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I was told you could use a caulking gun to apply the tube- but I haven't tried it yet.

7. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    okay...i thought a caulking gun may be to big but I may see if that works when I get some. I have a feeding tube and syringe...I may get the rock form though...sounds good either way.

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I was told a caulk gun wouldn't work.

just use something to push it from the end. Get a long stick or something when it gets close to the end. I have used other stuff in that large of a tube and I used a spoon handle to push it out.

9. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    okay...duh..I knew that

10. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

i get th paste form of CMPK, and when it starts getting low i use a stick to push the end....
    beth

11. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    They have a gel? I have this thick liquid charcoal that I got for my vet, it was $15 for like a pint.