I bought Franklin Park Charlotte at weaning for a stud and show doe. I took her to Canberra Royal this year (February) where she recieved many positive comments and fifth place in a class of 21 goats, behind does from the top studs in Australia. I joined her as she was very well grown at 8 months old, to a son of Amarni Ningaloo (excellent buck). I kept the nutrition up to her and she grew out well, despite being pregnant. Well, her due date was only a few days away, but one Saturday morning I knew that today was the day. She had been murmuring all morning, but not doing much else. I was supposed to be leaving at 10 am to go off to a cattle show, but I hung around longer to watch her (wasnt going to leave a show doe and a maiden by herself to kid). Anyway, she just appeared to stay in the early stages, and I have seen does, particularly maidens, stay that way for hours. I didnt think there was any trouble, but since I was needing to leave I decided I would hurry things along and pull the kids if she was dilated. Well I entered her, and she was in full blown labour and what I felt was ... four legs and no head. Oh dear. So I located two front legs and a head belonging to the same kid, put ropes on the legs, then tried to push the other one back. Nope, not working. She's pushing too hard for me to push it back. So I slung her back end up on a couple of hay bales. Bingo, one kid slides back in. This is where the problems happened. When kid #2 slid back, kid #1 who I had the ropes on, his head was resting on kid #2, and his suddenly unsupported head flung round with a fair bit of force, and those nasty sharp teeth sliced my hand and ... the does uterus. I could feel a rupture about 5 cm long, now the problem was the kids head was now twisted around to the side, and I couldnt get it up because it kept falling through the rupture. I tried for about 30 min to deliver that kid, and I couldnt. I called a friend half an hour down the road, asked if she could see if she could get it out. All this time, I had my hand in the doe holding the kids head still, so it wouldnt rupture her any more. My friend came out, she couldnt reposition the kid either. I knew the kid was still alive because it was trying to bite me lol I called my vet (who is wonderful, by the way) and told him I would be in at the clinic in half an hour. Chucked her in the back seat of my nissan pulsar and drove in. When we got there, he met us (vet closed at 12 noon on saturday by this time it was 12.30pm) and felt in her. He felt the rupture, which had gotten bigger with the drive in, he said we can probably pull these kids or otherwise we can do a caesarian, with the caesarian there is the added benefit of being able to stitch the rupture at the same time. With that in mind, I opted for a caesarian. At this stage I knew that the stuck kid was still alive, no idea about the one that had dissapeared, but I didnt care about the kids I just wanted my doe alive. We did the caesar inside the theatre using the dog and cat instruments. First out was the one that had dissapeared earlier - vet put him on the floor and he immediately went scooting round on the lino. So I named him Dynamo. The stuck buck took a little longer to get out but was alive also, named him Double Trouble since he caused all the trouble and he was double the size of Dynamo. When the vet went to repair the rupture, he said it was 3mm off the main uterine artery, so if we had decided to pull the kids we would have killed the doe. She was so good, didnt get infection or sick, loved the kids right from the start and is doing a fantastic job on them. Charlotte at Canberra Royal I think this was about four days after the birth The incision - 12 stitches Dynamo today Double Trouble today (you can see how mum has healed in the background) I doubt DT will make a buck, but Dynamo is showing potential.