The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Yeah I seen that guy!! I thought it was a little interesting as well. And this one I thought of you when I saw it :) but Im sure its too far away

http://redding.craigslist.org/grd/3854437299.html

You might have spots, you might have paint or you might have a throw back and have elf ears lol. Im almost tempted to get him since my parents will be there in a few months, cover my comercial herd, then take him to the sale. I would get my money back :)

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aha! He is a very interesting goat as well. Rofl @ elf ears! I think that Lamancha/Boers are cute :) But yes, Redding is a bit far...

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
14,760 Posts
LOL I love the Lamancha/boer crosses, especially if they get the Mancha ears. We saw some at a show a couple of weeks ago, they were really cute.

I love colorful boers. I want to get a colored buck for the kids does to breed in Aug/Sept, but my husband wants traditional. I keep telling him he's a 'partypooper' when it comes to doing something a little different lol

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love paints too! Cant you tell by my profile picture? Heehee! Hopefully you can get a paint at some point :D

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
I think it is funny that people like Lamancha/Boer crosses.... not as much milk, not as much meat, what are they good for? Well, lovin on! They are adorable!!!

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think it is because they are so cute? I don't think I would ever own one for a purpose, save for maybe having a nice LaMancha milker whom I would breed to a nice Boer buck, and then sell the crosses as meat. They are just lookers to me ;)

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
I suppose! LOL I would not want one, just because you get "the worst of both worlds" (what I call Kansas). But they are just so darn cute. I mean, if I wanted meat, I would get a boer, if I wanted milk, I would get a Lamancha, if I wanted both, I would get both! LOL

Btw, no offence to the bomancha breeders. ;) I just wonder.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
I think it is funny that people like Lamancha/Boer crosses.... not as much milk, not as much meat, what are they good for? Well, lovin on! They are adorable!!!
Ohhh I have to disagree with you on that. My labores grow faster then any other kids I have, even the nubian boer kids, they are just more bulkie. Here is the picture of the one I have right now, she is just shy of 6 weeks old, and she gets nothing special to eat, brush weeds and a creep feed of just wet cob at night.

https://www.facebook.com/andersonbo...84153863.42068.189936894447272&type=1&theater

so even if they dont get as fat as a boer does, they get bigger faster :) that is by far my favorite cross, but I really dont like to milk goats lol

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
I really wish I had your phone number, your buckling was at the sale today lol. He is really cool up close and that black area is only there on his one side of the shoulder. But sadly for the person selling he only went for $45, But they did have a nice boer buck there Im sure he was 100% but not a paper on him, nice chest and butt and he went, at the sale barn mind you, for $900!!!!! That is more then papered goat that look just like him go for. But I did get 3 of his half sisters for $120 ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I really wish I had your phone number, your buckling was at the sale today lol. He is really cool up close and that black area is only there on his one side of the shoulder. But sadly for the person selling he only went for $45, But they did have a nice boer buck there Im sure he was 100% but not a paper on him, nice chest and butt and he went, at the sale barn mind you, for $900!!!!! That is more then papered goat that look just like him go for. But I did get 3 of his half sisters for $120 ;)
What sale do you go to?

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That is so cool! Are any of his sisters black? Haha!

And do you know the ranch he is at? Sounds like that buck they sold had something special to him. ;)

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
silvia BandB in madera, the expensive buck will be shipped to mexico,
Trinity, no not the odd ball looking bucks sisters, the expensive bucks sisters

·
Registered
128 Posts
silvia BandB in madera, the expensive buck will be shipped to mexico,
Trinity, no not the odd ball looking bucks sisters, the expensive bucks sisters
Funny, I go to that auction as well. Never have I seen a buck go for $900... Or anything more than $200. Must have been a looker.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Your telling me silveira. All I know is I sure am not doing this goat stuff right, the most I have got at the sale was $265 for a moose of a doe that was 100%.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
You got it, you probably want reg??? I loved that doe I sold, but she was getting a bad limp and didnt want her to end up being coyote food :( But she went to a good home, if you go to b and b you probably have seen the 2 old guys sitting at the bottom, one of them got her, but yeah ill let you know. I plan to put my heart to the side and sell about 20 does this year :( I just dont know who yet.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts