Checked the does today, and found....

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by kelebek, Dec 9, 2007.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I went out and cut hooves on all 11 goats this morning - mind you with no milking stand except my legs to hold them.

Anyway, I checked all the does and I think we are doing good!

Daisy - the one that I was worried with the open ChaCha - well her udder has gone from a small palm full, to a handful and her ni-ni's have gotten bigger and longer.

Fiona - who the vet thought was hermafroditic, looks to be a bit poochy on the back end. Now this goat has an ultrasound twice on 29 September, and we were unable to find any fetus', but maybe it was just to early.... we'll watch her.

Daisie - Pygmy - I am hoping settled. I haven't seen a heat, but she is mad at me right now anyway, as there is a dog inthe birthing pen where she used to be able to eat seperately from everyone else at night.

Bitty - is doing wonderful. The vet was a little worried because she has a "fish lip" vulva and she said that alot of times when they have theat they do not become pregnant. Well, I am thinking she is prego, she looks it!

Chloe - Now this one is worring me. I don't think she had settled, and I believe she was in heat about 2 weeks ago again, but then again, my young buck likes to "practice" on anything - boy or girl. When I looked at her, the bottom of her vulva was bright blood red. There was no actual blood, so I will check her again tommorrow and see if it has improved.

Just thought that I would give everyone an update!

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Oh and forgot to tell you - Hubby found the new wethers in the pen - last week! He just never said anything! hahaha!

He told me I was on animal restriction from now on. My comment was - do you really think that nice man was going to give us $200.00 worth of hay free???

3. needs to know more

needs to know more New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Washington
    Thanks for the laugh!!!!

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Glad to hear that all's well on the homefront!! Sounds like Daisy still has a ways to go, and that the others are gonna drive you batty with the "wondering" :p

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Yah, I'm wondering if Daisy really is due the end of January like I thought, which means she was bred to my gabriel.

Its just so weird that she is pooching the way that she is in the cha-cha region~ LOL! Who knows. Guess I will just keep watching her and grabbing her udder to check and see if it is getting bigger.

I hate that I do not have my males and females split up yet, cause who knows when anything is going to happen.

Yours may go before mine Liz!

6. Stinkerbelle

Stinkerbelle New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    North Carolina
    Hey, y'all, I am in the same boat as you! I have 4 does ready to pop! Cristabelle is at day 150 today. Enormous! huge bag, real mushy in the back end and gaping a little. Next due on the 20th is Maybelline, then Isabelle on the 21st, then Bellina. Stinkerbelle aborted a few weeks ago. So I am doing the waiting game.. Birthing pens are all clean and ready to go. I've got to run out and check them again...Mary

7. mystic's_mom

mystic's_mom New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Northern, MN
    I have absolutely no clue if my girls are settled yet...Lol...they are lil' fatties though...all my goaties are a bit plump!! :shock: :D :lol: I am watching them though, ad waiting for udders to start coming!

8. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    What's a "fish lip" vulva, Allison?

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I will take a pic of it and send it to you, it just means that the bottom of the vulva kinda comes out a bit and - well it is hard to explain, but I will show ya....

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Hey Allison, in reference to Daisy's "cha-cha"...Binky's has been more open and pooched out for the last 3 weeks and the latest she's due is Jan 28th..earliest is the 6th. I think it's just the pressure of the uterus on the birth canal that causes this as they get bigger and farther along.

11. thebyrdsx5

thebyrdsx5 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Allison,
    could you send me the pic of the 'fish lip' vulva too. I have a doe that I think has this, I thought she should've been bred by now but now I"m thinking she has issues and it will never happen.
    Thanks, Lori