Checking In....

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by HollowbeadRanch, Apr 2, 2009.

1. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Hi Everyone! Sorry I haven't been on much here lately! We have been having some really pretty weather, and I have been catching up on ALOT of stuff outside! Got strawberry plants planted... cleaned out flowerbed... getting garden ready for planting... planted some MORE flowers... been having to mow the grass once a week because of all the rain... AND I STILL have to put flowers in my hanging baskets... got two pots I have got to put flowers in also... AND I have got to plant my garden... UGH! It seems the more I do the more I have LEFT to do! LOL! But I enjoy being outside, so it's all good :thumbup: Anyways, just wanted to let everyone know that I am still here and that I still keep a check on the forum! Just haven't had alot of time for posting!

I hope to be online some tonight... but sometime between 2PM and 3PM we are going to start getting some really rough weather they are saying.... hale, rain, tornados, etc. South AL has already been getting hit, but North AL (of course where I HAVE to be... lol) will start this evening and it is a different string of the storm coming in from Arkansas and Louisiana that is supposed to be worse than the string that has been hitting South AL. They have already announced that all school within about a 50 mile radius of us will be closing at 1PM... so you know it is supposed to get bad when the schools close... lol. I don't know how long the storm is supposed to last, but while it is going I will not be online (don't want to fry the computer if lightning hits... been there... done that!).

Anyways, I hope to be able to chat later tonight! :thumbup: I hope everyone is doing good!

2. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    You never need to apologize for wanting to be out in the sun enjoying it, and getting things done. You have to take advantage of the dry days; never know when it's going to rain and how long it will last. Besides, the more beautifying with flowers you do and garden planting, the more pretty pics (not so subtle hint) we get to see later.

Wishing you all safety during the storms.

3. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    lol! Thank you! (sorry it has taken me so long to respond)... well my Husband has succeeded in making me sick again :doh: So I am not enjoying alot of time outside right now :( but I hope to be back to 100% by Monday :thumb:

I will get pics posted on here just as soon as I get to feeling a little better. I did add a pic of one of my rose bushes at the bottom of the homepage on my website though :greengrin: www.HollowbeadRanch.com That will give you a sneek peak for now :wink:

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Hope you feel better soon.............. :hug:

that is a very lovely rose....can't wait for more pics..... :wink: :greengrin: :love:

5. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Hello! :wave: I wondered what happened to you...I love spring-y weather...Hope you are enjoying it...I wish we had nice weather. :sigh:

6. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Sending get well wishes Brandi. Thanks for the rose pic on your site-very pretty. :drool: Can you tell some of us live vicariously through those that have warm temps., and already have plants in the ground?!?!?

7. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Hope that you get to feeling better soon. :hug: What kind of rose is that? I LOVE it! (I'd kind of like to get some for my mom as a present)