Checking In

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by CodyAcres, Apr 26, 2009.

1. CodyAcres

CodyAcres New Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Rural Oklahoma
    It's been awhile since I've logged in and said Hi!! Hope all is well with all of you. I wanted to update you on our goaties. Little Boo is doing very well, his little testicles are probably about ready to fall off. They are tiny and feel like a hard piece of leather. We just banded Mossberg today. He did wonderful. But about an hour later, he's laying down looking all sad and miserable. Poor little guy. Tonight will be both boys last bottles. I've cut down to 2 bottles a day for the last couple weeks, and have dropped 2 oz off of each feeding per day. They're already not trying to suck my fingers every time I put them near. So, I think it will go pretty well with no more bottles. We've been having lots of fun with the goats since the last time we've checked in. Still don't have a big pen built, just a small one, but since the grass is growing and the weather is nice, I've been tying them out (supervised very well) daily for grass and browse.

Talk to ya later!!
    Jamie

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    sounds like everythings going wonderfully! only on TGS can you chat about banding goats and their udders and testes. :wink:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Glad to hear things are going well.

Weaning time can be frustrating or so easy - I hope it is the latter for you.

I love spring time when everything is green :greengrin:

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Jamie...welcome back........I am glad everything has been good for ya....very happy to hear that...... :wink: :greengrin:

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Glad to hear that all is well! Boys sound as happy as you!